Surbrook's Stuff Wants You!

Susano

Nice Site

I've been to your site before. Nice collection.

But for the newbies you should expand on your request. Tell us what the site is. Your goals, etc.

Just playing devil's advocate. Don't mind me :)

By the way, is there actually an 'official unofficial' site for player creations, house rules, etc?

Aroooo

Surbrook's Stuff is one of the larger archives of HERO System material on the web. There are several hundred character adaptions, creatures, vehicles, and numerous aricles on armor, weapons, magic items, spells, martial arts powers, and so on. Check it out!

Oh, and as I'm a big fan of anime and manga, I have a lot of anime and manga related material on my site.

(How's that?)

Originally posted by Susano

Surbrook's Stuff is one of the larger archives of HERO System material on the web. There are several hundred character adaptions, creatures, vehicles, and numerous aricles on armor, weapons, magic items, spells, martial arts powers, and so on. Check it out!

Oh, and as I'm a big fan of anime and manga, I have a lot of anime and manga related material on my site.

(How's that?)

:) Works for me.

You don't have any problems with accepting a character write-up

based on a character (or monster) from a movie or TV show,

do you?

The reason I'm asking you this is that I finally got my own copy

of the 5thEd Hero System Bestiary, and I'm going to take a shot

at doing a write-up of "Seth", the main character from a movie

called "King Cobra".

I'd say that a 30- to 50-foot-long, man-eating gene-spliced African

King Cobra/Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake hybrid would

definitely qualify as a monster in anyone's book, wouldn't

you?

Space Cadet :cool:

Re: Re: Martians

Originally posted by Syberdwarf2

Are you refering to the book, the movie, or the TV series?

None of the above! ;)

I wrote them up for my Golden Age Supers/Pulp Heroes campaign, set in the US in 1938, so the Martians are invading according to the timetable set by Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre group. So, technically, none of the above.

Really, though, they're the guys from the book. Since Welles' radio play was an adaptation of that, it seemed fitting. Besides, the Martian Fighting-Machines are lethal enough against 250-point heroes.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting the Fighting-Machine and Handling-Machine based on suggestions from The Ultimate Vehicle, much like I revised my Martians based on Star Hero.

Say, speaking of SF TV

Has anyone ever designed a Racial Template for Vulcans? That I'd like to see, especially now that Vulcans are both more prominent and more menacing in Enterprise , where they are the "we've been in the galaxy far longer than you have -- and we're not convinced you belong here" race.

Then again, I've alwayd wanted to see a HERO System Spock that both reflects the character properly and wouldn't overpower a campaign full of normal humans.