Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I should say that' date=' just as you pointed out in your office, a number of people in our office were losing weight through various means at about the same time as I was. It was coincidental and I didn't even realize it (consciously) until someone pointed that out to me. It probably helped as well, even if I didn't realize it at first. Similarly, my wife couldn't quit smoking (which she did over 10 years ago) until some of her smoking buddy friends quit, and then it was easier for her.[/quote']

Having less brownies and donuts around the office tends to help a good bit.

Having less brownies and donuts around the office tends to help a good bit.

Yes, but it so happened that about 3 months after my diet started, they began keeping a sweets table stocked for the project team doing our major ERP implementation. Every day, all sorts of candy bars and the like out there, it sucked!

Can Worldmaker please report to the Champions forum and the Storn thread and have a look at the pic of Halftrack ?

that's Worldmaker to the Champions forum to look at the Halftrack pic in the Storn thread.

Thank you

Worldmaker left the forums a week ago. He probably will not be back anytime soon.

Beck has been found' date=' he was, at least when we found him, under the back porch. Had to tear out some of the lattice work to get to him, but no loss as it was ready to come off anyway.[/quote']

Oh good. He was probably trying to get to the basement.

"The customer is always right" was a phrase created by H. Gordon Selfridge. He owned a chain of stores that were eventually bought up and renamed John Lewis Partnership. The company still exists today. H. Gordon Selfridge is already dead, so you cannot kill the person who came up with the phrase. However, if someone does use the phrase on you, tell them that you don't work for John Lewis Partnership.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/106700.html

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shops/DSTemplate.aspx?Id=22

Selfridges is one of the main stores in London like Harrods. It is found on Oxford Street. Great place but expensive.

John Lewis is something else entirely.

This helpful piece of information from your London correspondant.

Selfridges is one of the main stores in London like Harrods. It is found on Oxford Street. Great place but expensive.

John Lewis is something else entirely.

This helpful piece of information from your London correspondant.

Is Carnaby Street still largely devoted to fashion? Or is it no longer fashionable to sell fashion in Carnaby street?

Carnaby Street still largely devoted to fashion. It may not be as hip and trendy as it was but they still sell clothes there.

It's always fashionable to sell, just not fashionable to buy.

Disregard this comment as knowledgable for the subject matter at hand as I really have no idea what I'm talking about. In general, it seems an apt statement.

When Lemming says "Life is good", I am inclined to put in the same bin as when I hear someone declare, "Life sucks."

Got a new girlfriend named Life, eh?

Nah. Just into the cereal. :D

Just having a nice time right now. A bunch of stresses are either gone or have been forestalled for a bit. After next thursday, I might stress a bit more, but all in all, life is getting better and improvement is happening all over. :)