Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

An excellent example of "the ends don't justify the means"

I'll just say I don't think the ends were what Trencher thinks. I think RFK was/is a sociopath but that the manifestation in this community, aside from a few individual issues which I'm not dismissing, were, during that time, generally positive. Just to clarify my point plus comment on "the ends". But of course opinions vary.

PS - wonder who he is now? Don't really care - I don't see a reason for alarm even if he lurks among us, so long as he's still exercising the goal of being seen as some wonderful being he is not and "fooling" us.

"Kara and Rachel" existed as personas for years before they ever joined the NGD board. They were not created for the board. The fact that they became as popular as they did was simply a mix of lipstick lesbian fanboism and..well' date=' it was mostly lipstick lesbian fanboism.[/quote']

Amen, Lord Gozakarth!

On a completely different note ...

At least where I am, there'll be unusually low tides for the next few days. If you have a beach near you, could be a great time to take the kids -- mine have their last day of school today -- out there and look for critters. US tidal predictions can be had from http://140.90.121.76/tides05/ (and despite the numeric URL, that's a NOAA official site).

I started thinking. Hey, that sounds cool. And then I realized how far from the coast I am. I always been close to the ocean. I knew that would be an adjustment.

I say "dude" too much for a man of 42 (or is that a "man" of 42? :D ). Am I one of those annoying middle aged people who say young people things? I hope not' date=' I think it's more a regional thing here, less age-respective. I hope. It's not like I say "boo-ya" or anything else.[/quote']

dude?

jg

Because we don't reply to posts in the Random Musings thread. This is where we reply to them. Who cares who started it? The previous ones got closed to brain dead behaviour' date=' just think of this one as started by the original work around of Old Man's rules. ;)[/quote'] Also he/she said "play nice", quite apt, whomever said it.

Bangladesh had to win sometime. It just had to happen it was against Australia. There's plenty of incidences in sport where the big name is suddenly surprised and beaten by the minnow.

And losing to the county side isn't as bad as it was made out when you find out who two of the batsmen on Somerset's side were.

A white wash either way in the Ashes would be a bad thing indeed.

Agreed.

Anyway, it makes the series much more interesting than it would have been.

Re: RFK.

Can we just agree to call him Camilla, you know the lebian vampire? After all Fred B, preyed on the fantasies of geeks, or to quote Thrakazog "lipstick lesbian fanboism". Yes this is sligtly warped and it doesn't entirely fit but is is close enough. Well since Fred B liked taking girls names, Camilla, a name that we chose should fit right in...

:eg:

What do you reckon?

"Holy Heaving Hooters Von D-Man!"

"Stand back Mini-D, I'll handle this wily winesome wench!"

1) I note that Aries and Cancer are both astronomical signs.

2) I note that "Kara" was an Aries and "Rachel" was a Cancer.

3) I note the new poster "Aries" uses the same bouncy supergirl avatar "Kara" did.

4) I note the new poster "Cancer" gravitates towards the same threads "Rachel" gravitated towards going so far as to jump into the compliment thread on their very first day...

5) I note both Aries and Cancer are post RKF members.

Is it coincidence or conspiracy? Hmmmm....

Queue Batman theme song and spinning logo!

Will Von D-Man's thesis prove correct? Is it a nefarious Bittick-esque plot eating at the soft underbelly of herodom assembled? Will PAID in FULL be able to save the NGD in time?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Jumping at Shadows! Same Von-time! Same Von-channel!

One way to be certain, start a new Gay Marriage thread........

I say "dude" too much for a man of 42 (or is that a "man" of 42? :D ). Am I one of those annoying middle aged people who say young people things? I hope not' date=' I think it's more a regional thing here, less age-respective. I hope. It's not like I say "boo-ya" or anything else.[/quote']

I like to preface my slaughter of slang with, "As today's youth like to say..."

Not so much that I am old, just not in touch with pop-culture and slang.

I just took the plunge and re-registered at my old college.

I finally realized I left school for the worst reasons... a bad romance.

I had justified it in other ways in my head. We do funny things to ourselves sometimes.

Luckily, I slipped in just before my credits were too old to count anymore.

Now all 156 units are good till 2014. Yippee.

I guess I'll go ahead and finish my degree now :thumbup:

And a happy Lithia to all! :cheers::celebrate

Congrats, good luck!

Holy Heaving Hooters Von D-Man!"

"Stand back Mini-D, I'll handle this wily winesome wench!"

1) I note that Aries and Cancer are both astronomical signs.

2) I note that "Kara" was an Aries and "Rachel" was a Cancer.

3) I note the new poster "Aries" uses the same bouncy supergirl avatar "Kara" did.

4) I note the new poster "Cancer" gravitates towards the same threads "Rachel" gravitated towards going so far as to jump into the compliment thread on their very first day...

5) I note both Aries and Cancer are post RKF members.

Is it coincidence or conspiracy? Hmmmm....

Queue Batman theme song and spinning logo!

Will Von D-Man's thesis prove correct? Is it a nefarious Bittick-esque plot eating at the soft underbelly of herodom assembled? Will PAID in FULL be able to save the NGD in time?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Jumping at Shadows! Same Von-time! Same Von-channel!

Snicker. Actually, I assume that anyone running the boards could (and would, if the situation was as bad as it seems to have been) sniff out IP numbers of posters and do some real-world verifications....

And, bluntly, I am not motivated enough to do the pseudo-identity thing at any level of sophistication. I'm a fat, straight, repressed, 48-year-old male geek with a PhD and a depressingly normal lifestyle, and I have no intention of pretending otherwise. I chose "Cancer" as my handle because it tickles my sense of absurd coincidences for at least three different reasons, the astrology thing being the least obscure of them. My "Location" and avatar are broad clues toward another coincidence.

Also, I lurked here for a while sniffing out gaming threads. My brother (The_Monster) co-runs a Champions campaign, and I am spying out on his nefarious plans against the players. For instance, I know why he asked what he did when he started the thread "Dispel/Suppress v Multiform", and as the player of the character whose power is a Multiform based on a quartet of short-duration "power pills", I am not looking forward to when he uses that....

So, in short, it is a conspiracy, but not the one you thought it was.

Rats. And I hate having to send the Secret Were-warthog Death Ninja Assassins after people for stumbling on the wrong things, too.

So, in short, it is a conspiracy, but not the one you thought it was.

Oh, please. You take yourself and the post too seriously. Its hard to believe someone who professes eight years of university education could miss "jumping at shadows," let alone the sheer camp in the post. You're PHD wasn't in nuance, was it? If you are who you say you are...

Queue tinny old time radio music.

On another but related note, we probably need a post for newbies: "Warning, any coincidences with prior fake identities will invite both intrusive and amusing inspection...coincidences can include: astrological signs, birthdates, interests such as cooking, having a cool car, having a great job, working at home, having kids, character flaws such as being unusually bad at cooking, and/or using any of the same words as the prior identities (such as "the" or "an"), among others."

I'm sick of all the paranoia. :sick:

Instead of publically scrutinizing someone, why not just ask the moderator for an IP check. But I guess that's just not as "fun".

Because it was humor poking fun at the paranoia? Because I like 60's Batman deduction? Because I don't actually give a rodents posterior?

I'm sick of all the paranoia. :sick:

Instead of publically scrutinizing someone, why not just ask the moderator for an IP check. But I guess that's just not as "fun".

Hey, do I have the same ID as Von D Man? Cause I got this new shirt the other day and I've had weird dreams of being strangely coherent and well-spoken. I'm beginning to wonder if the shirt is waking me while I'm sleeping and I've become really smart... or something. I fear the shirt will eventually leave, take over my neighbor and he'll get a really long tongue and not like me anymore.

Scary, eh?