Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Shrug, I don't agree with changing it, but I don't see it as childish, I can understand others' concerns on it. In particular, the recurrence of people seeing the original posts and saynig "What happened to Kara," which is simply getting boring to answer.

Before getting on the NGD, I was an unhappy recluse who dressed poorly, struck out with women, and was rife with insecurity.

Now, I am a happier recluse who dresses poorly, strikes out with women, and is rife with insecurity.

Yah NGD!

Now see, that's funny. n00bs take note.

Is this Irony? I forget. :)

Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.

Oh' date=' ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.[/quote']

What movie was that again?

The very same day I'm bragging about what a good cat my Herc is, he goes and barrels through the screen on the window, gets outside and vanishes. I lost an hour of work because I went home to look for him!

The little brat . . .

He's still about, but apparently skittish. We put out some tuna, and he scarfed that down. But he ran away when Josh went outside to retrieve him.

Of course he ran away, you fool. He's free! He ain't never going back in the joint!

I think if you just leave open the way he got out, he'll come back in the house of his own accord and then you can trap him again. Mostly I wouldn't worry, I spent most of my life not worrying about my outdoor cats. Unless there are packs of rabid vampire werewolf zombies roaming your neighborhood. That's a different situation.

Oh, PS, if Ben locks this in favor of the other thread, be upset at me...I just assumed the polling was indicating a clear majority, and thought that among us NGDites we'd obey that majority. I was wrong...but have already PMed Ben. So please don't bitch and whine at him if he does lock it.

You're looking at a different poll from the one I see, but whatever. I'm tired of people conducting polls to support their planned course of action and then, when they show a slim majority at best, taking that as a mandate to do something irritating. This is only the latest example; the NGD presidential thread was worse.

You're looking at a different poll from the one I see' date=' but whatever. I'm tired of people conducting polls to support their planned course of action and then, when they show a slim majority at best, taking that as a mandate to do something irritating. This is only the latest example; the NGD presidential thread was worse.[/quote']

Yeah, that was the whole point of that poll. :rolleyes:

Of course he ran away' date=' you fool. He's [i']free![/i] He ain't never going back in the joint!

I think if you just leave open the way he got out, he'll come back in the house of his own accord and then you can trap him again. Mostly I wouldn't worry, I spent most of my life not worrying about my outdoor cats. Unless there are packs of rabid vampire werewolf zombies roaming your neighborhood. That's a different situation.

If you had any idea how many bugs we accumulated in our apartment in the 2 minutes the screen was off, you'd know why that's just not possible.

Plus, we don't want the other one sneaking out.

Actually, while I was in the middle of this post, I heard some kitty howling outside. I went out and called for a while, and I did see him, but as a black streak amongst shadows. He galloped by, and just kept going.

T v T

Oh' date=' PS, if Ben locks this in favor of the other thread, be upset at me...I just assumed the polling was indicating a clear majority, and thought that among us NGDites we'd obey that majority. I was wrong...but have already PMed Ben. So please don't bitch and whine at him if he does lock it.[/quote'] we will just ask him to unlock it and lock the other one :nya:

You're looking at a different poll from the one I see' date=' but whatever. I'm tired of people conducting polls to support their planned course of action and then, when they show a slim majority at best, taking that as a mandate to do something irritating. This is only the latest example; the NGD presidential thread was worse.[/quote']

It wasn't my intent to have that happen. I was hoping to see this continue. Although I was convinced later in it.

It can't be that different than what you saw, there was less than 40% in favor of continuing this thread.

If you had any idea how many bugs we accumulated in our apartment in the 2 minutes the screen was off' date=' you'd know why that's just not possible.[/quote']

Oh. Well, that's different.

Actually, while I was in the middle of this post, I heard some kitty howling outside. I went out and called for a while, and I did see him, but as a black streak amongst shadows. He galloped by, and just kept going.

If he were like my sister's cats, all you would have to do is loudly open a can of tuna.