Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I'll just say I don't think the ends were what Trencher thinks. I think RFK was/is a sociopath but that the manifestation in this community, aside from a few individual issues which I'm not dismissing, were, during that time, generally positive. Just to clarify my point plus comment on "the ends". But of course opinions vary.

PS - wonder who he is now? Don't really care - I don't see a reason for alarm even if he lurks among us, so long as he's still exercising the goal of being seen as some wonderful being he is not and "fooling" us.

I have a suspicion, but I seriously hope I am wrong.

oh well.

To update on the cat situation: I heard a thwack-type noise at my front window, and opened the door to find the cat furtively sneaking away from the light I'd just turned on. I went outside and crouched down, talking in soft tones and calling him over.

After some slight hesitation, he came trotting up to me, meowing uncertainly. I scooped him up and just about threw him inside.

Apparently he was hungry from his little jaunt, but the other cat wasn't too pleased about the odd-scented cat raiding his food.

I fed them both some canned food (a rare treat, for them) and calmed down the defensive one. They're fine now, except that there's a cat fight off in the distance. I closed all the windows. Just in case.

Phew.

We eventually quit feeding our cats canned food. It's expensive' date=' the cats never finish a whole can at once, and it doesn't keep. Then they get spoiled by it and won't eat the dry stuff which is better for them anyway.[/quote']

we have one cat that has great difficulty eating anything but canned food (18 years old) she gets about 1/3 of a can twice a day (the tuna can sized ones)

It stinks and such, but...

Well, yeah, I had cats that lost all their teeth and we had no choice but to feed them soft food. I think the longest-lasting one went 23 or 24 years... can't quite remember, but that one kept all her teeth. It's weird how each cat develops its own set of defects.

Cats are just like people in that respect, for sure.

I used to use a silo feeder, so that I'd never have to remember to feed the cat. I soon discovered that a cat will just keep eating as long as it has access to food. I had to put kitty on a diet. :)

If he were like my sister's cats' date=' all you would have to do is loudly open a can of tuna.[/quote']

We had a cat that could teleport when you opened a can of tuna. As soon as the can opener pierced the top the cat would magically appear at your feet and start meowing loudly. Worse was it was a long cat, so it would stand up and stretch out to get its paws on the counter-top and try to bat the can to ground.

we have one cat that has great difficulty eating anything but canned food (18 years old) she gets about 1/3 of a can twice a day (the tuna can sized ones)

It stinks and such, but...

The cat I grew up with is in the same boat. Its old and prefers to eat the soft food, but it can still eat the hard food if my parents need to leave for a weekend. Their only problem is they have to chase the kittens away or they will try to steal the soft food.

We had a cat that could teleport when you opened a can of tuna. As soon as the can opener pierced the top the cat would magically appear at your feet and start meowing loudly. Worse was it was a long cat' date=' so it would stand up and stretch out to get its paws on the counter-top and try to bat the can to ground.[/quote']

Must be related to mine. ;)

We eventually quit feeding our cats canned food. It's expensive' date=' the cats never finish a whole can at once, and it doesn't keep. Then they get spoiled by it and won't eat the dry stuff which is better for them anyway.[/quote']

We actually got a gift of a case of wet food about a year and a half ago. We still have about a third of it. Mostly, it's the objection to how it makes the litterbox smell after they're done with digesting this slimy meat product. Yeck.

But if it'll encourage our little wanderer to stay inside, and if it'll reassure the other one that all is well, I'm willing to put up with it for one weekend.

To update on the cat situation: I heard a thwack-type noise at my front window, and opened the door to find the cat furtively sneaking away from the light I'd just turned on. I went outside and crouched down, talking in soft tones and calling him over.

After some slight hesitation, he came trotting up to me, meowing uncertainly. I scooped him up and just about threw him inside.

Apparently he was hungry from his little jaunt, but the other cat wasn't too pleased about the odd-scented cat raiding his food.

I fed them both some canned food (a rare treat, for them) and calmed down the defensive one. They're fine now, except that there's a cat fight off in the distance. I closed all the windows. Just in case.

Phew.

Hooray!

We just put the plastic lids on and it keeps fine. We feed a mix of wet and dry.

The cat I grew up with is in the same boat. Its old and prefers to eat the soft food' date=' but it can still eat the hard food if my parents need to leave for a weekend. Their only problem is they have to chase the kittens away or they will try to steal the soft food.[/quote']

Roseshadow can't really eat even the canned foods that have chunks or "cutlets" in them. :(

Nope. Operationally' date=' I have some road miles to put in over the next few days. For the real reason, all I'll do is obliquely refer to a post of mine from about a day and a half ago.[/quote']

Bummer. Hope everything turns out alright.

Well' date=' yeah, I had cats that lost all their teeth and we had no choice but to feed them soft food. I think the longest-lasting one went 23 or 24 years... can't quite remember, but that one kept all her teeth. It's weird how each cat develops its own set of defects.[/quote']

Actually, cats with no teeth can eat dry food. One of ours, Daisy, prefers dry.

-Mark

Oh Bazza dear heart.

I showed you a modicum of decency and respect in light of the Australian Cricket teams performance and what do I get in return ?

A hooray henry jibe about how pathetic England are when you only manage a 57 run win. So be it.

I want all the information you have on Zornwil. What he's doing, where he's going and what he's been upto. Then when you've told me everything you know, I want you to tell him everything you just told me. I want him to know that I know. I want him to know I want him to know.

And I want him to know the extent of my mercy when he sees your deformed body. And I want you both to know you'll soon be as defunct as Formula 1 racing in America.

What makes you think I wouldn't give you a dossier of disinformation?

Actually, cats with no teeth can eat dry food. One of ours, Daisy, prefers dry.

-Mark

Grimalkin, one of my old cats, had some issues with losing weight till he figured out how to eat his beloved dry food again.

It was an impressive trick considering I had half of his lower jaw in a jar of formaldahyde on my shelf from when the vet removed it and the associated cancer.

He was a tough little bugger.

I miss my Grimmy, drool and all :(

Grimalkin, one of my old cats, had some issues with losing weight till he figured out how to eat his beloved dry food again.

It was an impressive trick considering I had half of his lower jaw in a jar of formaldahyde on my shelf from when the vet removed it and the associated cancer.

He was a tough little bugger.

I miss my Grimmy, drool and all :(

We have a cat who must have a big chunk of Maine Coon Cat in him; he's a great big (9 kg) loveable doofus. When he jumps into your lap and demands a pet while you're at the computer desk, you don't have any other option; when he head-butts your mouse arm it just about dislocates your wrist. We had to stop feeding him dry because he started having urinary tract problems that the dry food aggravated. He wasn't real pleased with that, being something of a carb junkie. THEN he showed up with the congenital heart problems that run in Maine Coons. He's still with us, but it's unclear for how long.