Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

So ... would you want the job where your official title is "Testbed Manager"? And if so' date=' what project would you want it to be for?[/quote']

Hmm, that was one of my titles. And it was managing the group of machines that performed a set of testing functions.

i take it you were walking bare foot and you son's rake attacked? :P

Yeah. I'm big into "Modern toys suck, get him something made of metal and heavy" So, while cleaning the pool, I was ambushed and wounded. The flap of skin I had to cut back to clean it was quite impressive. :yes:

Yeah. I'm big into "Modern toys suck' date=' get him something made of metal and heavy" So, while cleaning the pool, I was ambushed and wounded. The flap of skin I had to cut back to clean it was quite impressive. :yes:[/quote']

Ah nice. I'm missing a quarter sized bit on my palm from today's activities. Too early in the morning for me to sprint and jump down a wall. My knee isn't very pretty either.

Ouch' date=' hope it heals fast/doesn't hurt much. (To MB as well)[/quote']

Most likely. We get cheap vet care here which is nice. (Well, it means I had access to med tape, anticeptic, and gauze.)

One of the diabetic cats crashed last night and I found him being rather unresponsive this morning. Ran over to our ISO area tripping in the process, got a tech, and rushed him off to the clinic. At least the blood made it easy for them to double check one of the instruments for measuring blood sugar level. I'm at 95 which i have no idea what that means, but CC was below 25 which is way low. On top of that he was below 92 F and a cat's temp is normal around 101. They warmed him up and got some dextrose into him. CC was doing much better when I visited him around 4pm. We've got a great medical staff.

Cool' date=' glad it worked out, must have been scary.[/quote']

Very much so. He was the first cat I've had rush med care to. With near 700 cats, we do get quite a few medical problems being checked on, but usually not like this. I'm just glad one of the other cats got me to check back where CC was laying.

What use is the media in terms of the public good when it is caught - on film - staging events designed to build support for the personal political agenda of the editors and journalists at the news outlet in question? Should such an organization be defined as the "press" and given the protections the press traditionally enjoys in a democratic nation? Or should there be laws imposing bronze-age-esque penalties for such a breach of public trust?

See Rather, Dan, c. "Memogate."