Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Got my fingers crossed for you! It would be the suck to have you not make GenCon.

Well, I already bought ticket and have a room. I'd never forgive myself if I stuck Zornwil with the room by his lonesome. The only snag is that one of the jobs I do want would start the first of August. I don't know if I could get around it if I was offered the job.

However, I've not even got my resume to them yet and I'm an infamous over planner. :)

Well, I already bought ticket and have a room. I'd never forgive myself if I stuck Zornwil with the room by his lonesome. The only snag is that one of the jobs I do want would start the first of August. I don't know if I could get around it if I was offered the job.

However, I've not even got my resume to them yet and I'm an infamous over planner. :)

I know the feeling. I'm a pretty serious overplanner myself. :)

My suggestion: When you are interviewing for a position that would start before GenCon, tell them that you have already paid for a vacation during that time slot and would need to have the time off if at all possible. Even if it were to be unpaid time off (assuming you could afford that). I have done that in the past and had it work out.

Well, I have to say aside from the odd feeling of not going to sleep because I have nothing to do in the morning, I'm getting better.

Shock is gone, I've spoken to everyone important in my life and gotten their input.

I didn't get a PM :mad:

( :D )

I know the feeling. I'm a pretty serious overplanner myself. :)

My suggestion: When you are interviewing for a position that would start before GenCon, tell them that you have already paid for a vacation during that time slot and would need to have the time off if at all possible. Even if it were to be unpaid time off (assuming you could afford that). I have done that in the past and had it work out.

Me too. I even got to see my favourite band perform as well. They broke up in 1983 and reunited again around 97-98 and got togther again in 2003, the later I got to see them. I thought my time was running out :D

FYI' date=' NASA is recruiting

Uh huh. So I apply to be an astronaut and they'll be all like, "Hey bunny, we're going on a space-picnic to Mars!" And as soon as we get there they'd be all like, "Oops, we forgot the napkins, we'll just zip down to the space-7/11 and get some, we'll be right back." And then I'm sitting there waiting and wondering when they're coming back while they're all laughing at how they ditched me. Yeah, I'm not falling for that one again! :mad:

Because I said so.

Bad: Losing Job, set adrift with no real support. That was Monday and Tuesday

Good: Turns out I have support, emotional, and even financial from friends and family. I have spent every night this week except Tuesday and Thursday with family and or friends, I've seen two movies that were both very entertaining and I saw my friend John in a funny play. I've laughed, done a little work on my resume, had a pleasant surprise of my vacation payout to help me stay afloat financially, and though I have some serious anxiety about looking for work in this economy, I've found some job postings that I'm interested in and have sent a resume. All in all, I've been a metronome mentally, swaying between anxiety because I've never been unemployed and on my own before and then finding myself surrounded by people who care and had some fun so that I wasn't alone in my apartment crapping myself with worry. (I'll leave that to Old Man and his young man)

So, as far as bad weeks go this has been pretty good.

Luckily I'm a contrarian so it all works.

Because I said so.

Bad: Losing Job, set adrift with no real support. That was Monday and Tuesday

Good: Turns out I have support, emotional, and even financial from friends and family. I have spent every night this week except Tuesday and Thursday with family and or friends, I've seen two movies that were both very entertaining and I saw my friend John in a funny play. I've laughed, done a little work on my resume, had a pleasant surprise of my vacation payout to help me stay afloat financially, and though I have some serious anxiety about looking for work in this economy, I've found some job postings that I'm interested in and have sent a resume. All in all, I've been a metronome mentally, swaying between anxiety because I've never been unemployed and on my own before and then finding myself surrounded by people who care and had some fun so that I wasn't alone in my apartment crapping myself with worry. (I'll leave that to Old Man and his young man)

So, as far as bad weeks go this has been pretty good.

Luckily I'm a contrarian so it all works.

Ah...gotcha.

I'm frustrated enough to scream.

What I WANT is at least one example text of the vows of Chastity, Poverty, and Obedience.

Or even of just ONE of those vows.

But NOOOOOOooooo.....

I get tons of webpages ABOUT the vows, from simple statements that monks and nuns do, in fact, take vows of yadayadayad to freakin' dissertations on canon law.....

How can I make a search engine understand "I do NOT want one billions web pages that happen to mention all the words "vow" and "poverty" and "chastity" and "obedience." I DO want Just. ONE. Page, with the actual TEXT of at lesst one of those vows."

AAARRRGH! Wedding Vows! Some incredibly stupid set of rules some crazy Danish filmmaker made up!

When I wanted the Hippocratic Oath, I found it. When I wanted to check my memory of the military Code of Conduct, I found it. Oath of Enlistment? I found it when I wanted it. Catholic Religious vows, I canNOT find.

What is it, some kind of Holy Mystery? They won't let you know the exact wording unless you're actually about to TAKE a vow?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary decides to vow out while Lucius is feeling his oaths.

AAARRRGH! Wedding Vows! Some incredibly stupid set of rules some crazy Danish filmmaker made up!

When I wanted the Hippocratic Oath, I found it. When I wanted to check my memory of the military Code of Conduct, I found it. Oath of Enlistment? I found it when I wanted it. Catholic Religious vows, I canNOT find.

What is it, some kind of Holy Mystery? They won't let you know the exact wording unless you're actually about to TAKE a vow?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary decides to vow out while Lucius is feeling his oaths.

I did find these Catholic wedding vows. Maybe they can help. I also found these wedding vows, but they're not necessarily Catholic.

Is that crazy director you're talking about the one who made this vow of chastity? :rofl:

Edit: I couldn't find the wording of the vows either, but I found Psalm 119, verse 116 recited by the Benedictine nuns after their vows are tken.