Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

No' date=' but one thing is kind of funny. You could be watching hard-core pr0n on your computer and that's fine. But if you've got a girly pin-up on your cubical wall, that's against company policy. :snicker:[/quote']

That doesn't surprise me. :)

How about if the pin-up is a company produced image? :whistle:

No worries. I got to watch a lot of Stephen Chow movies I'd otherwise have never seen. ;)

Glad you were OK with it.

Great having you and BunnySue over. Not that many people I can sit down and watch Stephen Chow with.

BTW, I picked up Godzilla: Final Wars the other day. Fun little flick. :thumbup:

Groovy. :)

When I became a man I put away childish things' date=' including the fear of childishness and the desire to be grown up.[/i']

-- C. S. Lewis

I'm working on my fourth My Little Pony conversion. If I get her done by Gencon, I'm bringing her along. Best case scenario, I'll have both her and her twin sister finished by then, but I'm not holding my breath. Everything else is mostly done, but rerooting the hair is a long, difficult process. I'm pretty sure I can get one done, but two is another story.

My Little Pony doesn't fall under "childish" anymore. But don't take my word for it...

That's right: My Little Pony Lingerie

Do (law) lecturers want students to read the unit outlines? If "Yes" then why the !@#$% do they use Arial Narrow as the main font? Who wants to read a document with Arial Narrow? Arial is bad enough as sans serif body text as is not as good as serif typefaces, but Arial is just simply -- bad. And why would anyone willingly choose to use a narrow font for body text?

So in conclusion: 1) In a document meant to be printed, there are better choices for body text than a sans serif typeface, like a serif typeface; 2) Arial is simply a poor choice regardless (see the Scourge of Arial, and Helvetica the film), and 3) the use of a narrow font would have to be on par with use of all caps as far as design/desktop publishing mistakes go. In short, this document, my unit outline hits the home run.

Actually, most book publishers ask that you submit your manuscript in Arial. I don't know why, but mine is not to question.

I'm working on my fourth My Little Pony conversion. If I get her done by Gencon' date=' I'm bringing her along. Best case scenario, I'll have both her and her twin sister finished by then, but I'm not holding my breath. Everything else is mostly done, but rerooting the hair is a long, difficult process. I'm pretty sure I can get one done, but two is another story.[/quote']

Conversion from a My Little Pony into what? A My Little Cthulhu? ;)

As The Office Turns:

Mike dislikes Calvin. Calvin's mad at Will. Jeff's mad at Will too. Will's upset with the whole inside sales department. Kellee's annoyed with Jeff. Jay said he was quitting, but he's still here. And of course no one is happy with management.

Yawn.

I say give everybody Tazers and let them sort it out themselves. :D

Schwing!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Er... I mean... how interesting... :whistle:

*chuckle*

The ex-girlfriend was very excited to hear this news. So I know at least one buyer.
This is why you dumped her' date=' wasn't it -- her [i']My Little Pony[/i] hobby/fetish? ;):P

When I became a man I put away childish things' date=' including the fear of childishness and the desire to be grown up.[/i']

-- C. S. Lewis .

I disagree with Jack. One sacrifices their childhood to become "mature" isn't it best thing. There is still something positive in an adult behaving like a child, as the difference between an adult and child is merely "age". And age is all in the mind.

I disagree with Jack. One sacrifices their childhood to become "mature" isn't it best thing. There is still something positive in an adult behaving like a child' date=' as the difference between an adult and child is merely "age". And age is all in the mind.[/quote']

You do realize that is the point of the passage that teh bunneh quoted, right? That "acting adult" is something that children aspire to, not adults.