Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

neither am I.

Same here!

You are “DEE” DUALLA.

A young but capable bridge officer, your loyalties are more to your people than to your job. You're willing to bend — even break — the so-called “rules” if necessary, and you have a very strong sense of what's right and what's fair. You're always up for a little constructive conspiracy, and you're great at keeping things quiet.

0DBmeNFXDK6rALwUM00Qvg14475

Cute! From the product page:

Cthulhu C'Loves you! The Great Cute One has come to give humanity tentacle hugs and maw kisses! This 8-inch vinyl toy, created by John Kovalic (creator of Dork Tower) also comes with two Little Victims that fit in My Little Cthulhu's snuggly grasp and also pull apart to show their yummy red insides!

I especially like the part about the "pull apart victims". :eg:

You do realize that is the point of the passage that teh bunneh quoted' date=' right? That "acting adult" is something that children aspire to, not adults.[/quote']

I dunno,certain coworkers of mine should try acting adult once in a while.

Seriously? Nice job! :thumbup:

Yup, fo' rizzle. I brought them to my FLCS to show off, and they said, "Hey, let's put them in the display case so everyone can see!"

A couple of weeks later I got a call from the comics shop, saying someone wanted to buy them and how much was I asking. I quoted a rediculous price, and they said "Sounds good!" A few days later when I went to pick up my comics they handed me a wad of cash and said if I make any more, they have a buyer for me. :)

That "acting adult" is something that children aspire to' date=' not adults. [/quote']

Yup, archermoo is right. ;)

Yup, fo' rizzle. I brought them to my FLCS to show off, and they said, "Hey, let's put them in the display case so everyone can see!"

A couple of weeks later I got a call from the comics shop, saying someone wanted to buy them and how much was I asking. I quoted a rediculous price, and they said "Sounds good!" A few days later when I went to pick up my comics they handed me a wad of cash and said if I make any more, they have a buyer for me. :)

Not ridiculous enough, apparently. Makes you wonder how much you could have gotten :D

Not ridiculous enough' date=' apparently. Makes you wonder how much you could have gotten :D[/quote']

Tru dat.

Here's what's funny.

A couple of years ago, one of my miniatures took Show at Gencon. Talking with a woman after the show, she offered me $100 for it. I refused, saying I couldn't bear to part with it.

Fast forward to last week. I'm ecstatic to have sold those Ponies. I don't have any emotional attachment at all, which is funny considering how much time and effort I put into them.

Looking back, I now wish I had sold that miniature when I had the chance.

Ah well. :)

GW200H200

You are BROTHER CAVIL.

Oh, you are wry cad of the Cylons! Inexplicably and ironically positioned as the Cylon clergyman, you actually have no real faith, and nothing but contempt for humanity (not to mention your somewhat erratic Cylon brethren). You take everything in stride, though, with a bemused demeanor and well-honed sense of humor, but what you really want is just to push the frakkin' button and get this business over with once and for all.

This should come as no surprise to anyone here. :eg:

Guess what I got the second time I took the test? :eg:

GW200H200

You are a CYLON CENTURION.

What do you know? You're a toaster! Relentless, tough, singleminded in purpose. And really, let's be honest: you're pretty damn cool, too. Maybe lacking in the initiative department a little, but who needs initiative when you're this bad ass?