Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I don't know' date=' but my guess is Alice's intelligence and common sense somehow offended or frightened someone higher up in the organization.[/quote']

It's like you KNOW me!

Scarily, you're not far off from the mark. My co-workers can't figure out what I'd done to offend the old biddy, and they're befuddled as to how I could've made myself difficult to approach or given anyone a reason to want me out. And yet . . .

Ah' date=' she posted in the cranky thread. Yeah, definitely encountered someone with issues. She's better off working elsewhere. Can you imagine living with that kind of paranoia for the duration of your employment?[/quote']

It was bad enough for the few months I was there. Good to know it wasn't mere paranoia, though; maybe now I can wean myself off the meds.

Josh and I are seriously talking about kids, though. "There's a reason for everything," blah, blah, blah, and something tells me that, if we wait for the right time, it'll never happen. Maybe this is some higher-up's way of giving me a boot and saying, "Quit making excuses and just spawn, dang you!"

So, we'll sleep on it, at least, and time will tell whether there'll be owl-squirrels in our near future.

My co-workers can't figure out what I'd done to offend the old biddy, and they're befuddled as to how I could've made myself difficult to approach or given anyone a reason to want me out. And yet . . .

heck. After two years I found out one reason that I got stabbed in the back by someone. I was too tall. So as you see, it could be any sort of lame reason.

It could be that I'd mentioned my biological clock. It could be my particular brand of snark. It could be that I wore purple on a Wednesday. Who knows? All I know is, from the moment I switched offices, she seemed less friendly to me than everyone else in the office, meetings one-on-one were gut-wrenching affairs, and the prospect of not working for the festering blood-soaked c(*& is a bit of a relief, despite the lack of paycheck.

Well, the Olympics are over, and despite having six HD channels of Olympic coverage I still feel like I didn't get to see anything different. Four of those channels were dedicated to boxing.* The other two were the gymnastics and Michael Phelps channels. I did get to see quite a bit of women's beach volleyball, which is always nice, and the early U.S. women's sabre sweep meant I got to see some fencing. But I saw no tae kwon do, no judo, and virtually no decathlon. Once again, despite the modern technology that should have enabled it, I was not given the option of watching what events I wanted to watch.

*Ordinarily I like boxing, but the headgear required in Olympic boxing really screws it up. There is virtually no chance of a KO and, really, no incentive to hit hard. The resulting sport is... silly.

I heard they showed a bit of taekwondo, but it was early in the morning. Of course, that had to be one of the times I actually got some sleep.

I was able to catch a couple of highlights, but mostly in the Spanish channel. I don't speak any Spanish, but I think I can figure out what went on.

The athlete kicking the official made the news, even if the match itself wasn't aired.

Josh and I are seriously talking about kids, though. "There's a reason for everything," blah, blah, blah, and something tells me that, if we wait for the right time, it'll never happen. Maybe this is some higher-up's way of giving me a boot and saying, "Quit making excuses and just spawn, dang you!"

So, we'll sleep on it, at least, and time will tell whether there'll be owl-squirrels in our near future.

I recommend spawning, as I am happy every day that I have children. I am not happy every minute that I have children, but the aggregate result is happiness. That said, there is no right time to have them. They are an unmitigated financial catastrophe. They make the notion of free time seem like a fond memory of a distant past. You will find yourself taking advantage of absurdly small increments of time for nookie.

That said, you will feel loved like you never have before, even when they say they hate you. They are worth every minute, to me.

Good uck.

I recommend spawning, as I am happy every day that I have children. I am not happy every minute that I have children, but the aggregate result is happiness. That said, there is no right time to have them. They are an unmitigated financial catastrophe. They make the notion of free time seem like a fond memory of a distant past. You will find yourself taking advantage of absurdly small increments of time for nookie.

That said, you will feel loved like you never have before, even when they say they hate you. They are worth every minute, to me.

Good uck.

Thanks.

And Josh and I kept building up to "the right time," and I'm fairly well convinced there's no such thing. If we keep waiting, I'll be in menopause before things line up right. And maybe not even then.

"Boredom" is a pretty awful reason to have a kid, but I'm thinking of it more as the opportunity arising. And we're not rushing into anything yet; I still have my birth control firmly in place, and I'm looking at my various options. But if we're going to be broke, anyway, why the heck not?

Dance Hall Days!

Once had a memorable slow dance to that song with a very cute Japanese girl, in a place called Bar Sister in Roppongi. It isn't really a dance song, but people were dancing anyway. Later that night, the same girl followed me to Gas Panic, and we had a great dance to Dancing Queen.

I miss club hopping. On the other hand, I was never a good dancer, and the clubs were rarely as much fun as I'd hoped. SatinKitty and I should really sign up for dancing lessons at the community college some semester and get back into it.

Thanks.

And Josh and I kept building up to "the right time," and I'm fairly well convinced there's no such thing. If we keep waiting, I'll be in menopause before things line up right. And maybe not even then.

"Boredom" is a pretty awful reason to have a kid, but I'm thinking of it more as the opportunity arising. And we're not rushing into anything yet; I still have my birth control firmly in place, and I'm looking at my various options. But if we're going to be broke, anyway, why the heck not?

I'll agree with the "no such thing as the right time" bit. It takes at least 9 months to spawn. Lots of things can happen in those 9 months. You can easily go from "the right time" to "the wrong time" and back again.

Keri and I managed to end up buying a house and spawning at the same time. Well, we just finally signed all the purchase paperwork today and should have the keys by Thursday or Friday. And the baby isn't due until November. But it certainly feels like the same time. :) Not the perfect timing for things, but that's just fine.

Best of luck to you, in all things!

Thank you. Now that I've slept on it' date=' I've come to the conclusion that, finances notwithstanding, I'm better off without this job.[/quote']

I was thinking that last the more and more I heard about the woman you had to put up with.

Sympathies for the job loss, congrats at not having to put up with her anymore.