Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I though it was obvious: ;)

How much of America is controlled and directed by Americans?

or paraphrasing: how much of America is run under its own steam by Americans? I don't mean people you vote for, nor do I mean economic influences, signed treaties...maybe.

None of it. There is no free will. It's all controlled by the Illuminati. :angst::fear:

Oh' date=' you know, just a general sense that my life has spiralled irreversibly out of control since I made one or two crummy decisions. Just self-centered whining, really. The job and the kids are great, but boy are they draining. And I'm pretty much stuck with them forever.[/quote']

Well, you can get a new job or change careers, but yes, kids are for keeps.

Just wait until they both want to use the car. :eg:

You could drop them off at a fire station in Nebraska.

Oh' date=' you know, just a general sense that my life has spiralled irreversibly out of control since I made one or two crummy decisions. Just self-centered whining, really. The job and the kids are great, but boy are they draining. And I'm pretty much stuck with them forever.[/quote']

I can identify with that feeling. God knows I've been feeling like that lately.

Well' date=' it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, [i']and [/i]Colonel Sanders before he went tits up.

Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

. . . Would've repped you for that quote, but I can't. :(

:lol:

Then there will be the whole Girls issue. :sneaky:

In the acquisitive sense or the possessive sense? Ponder life with a pre-teen daughter, like I have.

Hmm. Maybe I should find a rifle range and learn how to use weapons of other than mass destruction properly.

True, but that wasn't what I was complaining about. I was complaining, in essence, that I only have one life to live, so I only get one chance to do certain things. What if I hadn't gotten married? What if I'd gone to a different school? I'll never know. I like to think that there are parallel-universe versions of me that get to do all the things I won't, so that these questions will sort of get answered.

Guess you thought wrong then :)
Yep. :)

Personally, I don't know how much of us is controlled by us.

I'd hazard it's less than we'd like to think, but more than we fear in our darkest hours of paranoia.

That second sentence makes sense, i think. :think:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well' date=' it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, [i']and [/i]Colonel Sanders before he went tits up.

Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

that would make for a great game re X-Files or Paranoia XP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of it. There is no free will. It's all controlled by the Illuminati. :angst::fear:
Even if you are being facetious, I don't agree with you. :)

And if you weren't, I remind you (from my original post): "My intention is not to be disingenuous, but to ask honest historical questions without moving (not the best word for what I mean) into conspiracy theory. " ;)

Well Old Man' date=' writing a book and a marriage are very different things. You fix a marriage as you go along. There is no such thing as perfect. Same with books, I've heard writers say. I've read that it is hard to declare a work finished for some.[/quote']

[philosophizing] Marriage a book that is written together.... [/philosophizing]