Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Heroism Through the Ages

The evil Dr. Killer has taken hostages inside a research facility. The police have the place surrounded but they don't dare move in. Superguy flies in and approaches the police captain.

Golden Age

Superguy: What's the situation, Captain?

Captain: Thank heaven you're here, Superguy! The notorious communist, Dr. Killer, is holed up inside there, with hostages. But we know they're as good as rescued now that you're here!

Silver Age

Superguy: What can I do to help, Captain?

Captain: Superguy! It's Dr. Killer up to his old tricks, Superguy. Be careful in there!

Bronze Age

Superguy: What's happening here, Captain?

Captain: It's about time, Superguy! Dr. Killer is demanding that you go in there…alone!

Iron Age

Superguy: I'll take it from here, Captain.

Captain: Get lost, Superguy. You're lucky I don't have time to run your vigilante butt in!

Rust Age

Superguy: You don't have to worry about Dr. Killer anymore.

Captain: You f#### killed him! … and all the hostages!

Superguy: S### happens.

Captain:....And why aren't you waring pants?!?

I saw a mousie today.

I don't see mice often, though rats, raccoons, and opossums are reasonably frequent nocturnal sights around here, in their season. I know there's scads of mice (the cats have left them in various states of disassembly in the yard) but they're harder to spot than the bigger beasties.

Oh we are off to a GREAT start today.

First, if your job is to test the alarm system, the best time to do that is really BEFORE THE PUBLIC COMES IN. Just a thought.

Second, do you really think you're going to get a job with the government if you're too lazy to fill out an application? You can't walk in a dazzle the hiring manager with your smile. Those days are long gone. Especially for someone who refuses to leave the house. :rolleyes:

Firstly, we ALWAYS did the alarm testing at the bank in the afternoon where having the alarms not function made absolutley no sense.

Secondly, I don't "refuse" to leave the apartment. I just lack the ambition to do so. There is a difference.

>>

<<

:D

Me too Lemming.

Thanks. Weird thing is he died in a car accident. No cause figured out yet. He lived off the normal track and someone found his jeep rolled over and he was dead. They didn't have a cell phone signal, so they came up to the sanctuary to make the call. A couple people who have first responder training were first on the scene.