Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I'm working on the desk when a new applicant, Summer, comes in for her four o'clock interview. She's a little early so I go back to tell the manager. I pop in the office and say "Summer's here."

...but i resisted the mighty urge to say "And the time is right for dancing in the street."

Now I wish I had given in :D

you really should have.

Good luck, Log-Man! Here's to hoping you soon get out of that hell-hole you are working in now.

Interview is now set for two weeks from today. I had to arrange the flight (though I'll get reimbursed) and that's whole 'nother nightmare there. I remember now why I have come to hate flying.

Heh. That reminds me of C-3PO the first time they flew on the 'Falcon.

Just remember that flying is the safest method of transportation. Or is it the "arrive 2 hours before your flight" bit that you hate?

why does bottled spring water have a use-by date?

To help relieve the bottler of any liability for any impurities (like bacteria) that might get in, which likely wouldn't happen for quite a while.

why is there so many crime-dramas on TV?

Because people enjoy watching them.

Some days you have to ask yourself' date=' "Is there anyone I don't want to die horribly?"[/quote']

Some days? Lately, here at work it seems to be that way every day. Way too much overtime. Thank that I am finally getting a three-day weekend to recover a little.

Yes, I must definitely strangle a vendor.

To elaborate... I'm not the typical idiot that tech support thinks I am, and that includes our own computer services department. I'm pretty sure that the reason they hate me is the number of times I've proven them wrong or called them out on their lazy incompetence. So when I say that there is a problem with the resource we have purchased from you, DO NOT go about the typical "You must be stupid. Is it plugged in?" crap. I gave you a very detailed description of the problem which you chose to ignore. If I have to go through it again, I will be very, very angry, and you will have lost a customer worth thousands. Don't push it.