Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Musings on Random Musings

To Lambchop:

I hope the troopers get him. Or some other branch of the police.

So do I. The entire situation left me scared and mystified.

The cop actually said to me "You know, had it been me, in your truck, and your son had not been in the car, I might have bumped the guy into the on-ramp wall, then called 911 at the first chance I got. Clear case of self-defense...."

The moving reservation is set. Penske is giving me a great price on a 16' truck with which I shall tow my own vehicle.

Wow, that makes this seem so... real. I can't believe I'm moving back to Murray. Hell, I still can't believe I left my job, possibly my career. Big changes afoot. Exciting and horrifying. Still, I can't help but feel that I'm just killing time until I die.

If you know someone who isn't let us know =)

One day one of us will succeed in killing time and then oh then things will rock on toast!

"I'm rockin' the suburbs...just like Quiet Riot did

I'm rockin' the suburbs...except that they were talented

I'm rockin' the suburbs...I take the checks and face the facts

That some producers with computers fixes all my sh**y tracks...these days..."

Give me my money back!

I want my money back, you bitch!

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade,

And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down,

Or cut him 'til he cried out in his anger and his shame,

"I am leaving, I am leaving."

But the fighter still remains.

Asking only workmans wages, I come lookin for a job, but I get no offers

Just a comeon from the whores on 7th avenue

I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome

I took some comfort there

Guest Worldmaker

Food? Check

Desire to cook? ....I know I had it here somehwere

Welcome to the world of a professional chef whose family expects you to cook for them when you get home from work... ;)

"The House on Haunted Hill" with Vincent Price is a fun old movie.

Yup, it was good. One of the few cases where the RiffTrax annoyed me as much as entertained. The movie was entertaining enough on its own that I didn't want the commentary.

Your near-perfect memory for movies you enjoy is always impressive.

Welcome to the world of a professional chef whose family expects you to cook for them when you get home from work... ;)

You could say the same about working in I.T. -- I go to a friends house after work, and they want me to fix their and their parent's computers. ;)

Guest Worldmaker

You could say the same about working in I.T. -- I go to a friends house after work' date=' and they want me to fix their and their parent's computers. ;)[/quote']

Now, Steve... the one time you came over and fixed my computer, you offered as a birthday present. My folks, on the other hand...

Guest Worldmaker

Who said I was talking about you? I do have at least *one* other friend' date=' y'know. ;):D[/quote']

Yeah, but Nathan lives in the same house I do. :eg:

So I'm watching "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" and on a commercial cut they say "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? is brought to you by Wal-Mart... where no one is smarter than a fifth grader!"

Ok I added that last bit, but it popped into my mind instantly and I couldn't stop giggling :D

That is because it is true.

The Career Guidance teachers give high school students the "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" quiz. Those who fail work at Wal-mart in such exciting occupations as "Store Greeters". As an example from The Simpsons:

Manager: How would you like to be a full-time Sprawl Mart greeter?

Homer: Is there a chance for advancement?

Manager: No.

Homer: Woo Hoo! No pressure!

I have a bottle of vodka.

Now, for most people this would not be a notable event. I don't drink, though, and I detest vodka. (Now, when I say I don't drink I mean that I drink very rarely; I have had maybe three beers this year.) I do, however, collect cool looking bottles.

My apartment complex has a communal dumpster. As I took out my trash one day I saw a cool looking bottle just inside the door, a Grey Goose Vodka bottle, one which I always wanted. I grabbed it for my collection and tossed it in the back of my truck. Now that I'm packing up my bottle collection I find that not only is the bottle full, it is unopened. Somebody had placed a new bottle of vodka inside the door to the dumpster.

Now I feel a small tinge of guilt thinking I accidentally intercepted someone's drop. Very small, though. :D

I'd put it back. You might get the Russian Mafia looking for you. :angst:

:D