Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

No' date=' Lemming! Don't go to the island! [i']It isn't there any more![/i]

*Waits to see if someone makes their 'Fake Trivia' roll...*

I assume it has something to do with a theory that lemmings fling themselves into the sea and swim towards some island that previously existed, and drown because the land their "racial memory" insists is there has since vanished beneath the sea.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is thinking it over

Well, I'm off. Moving day is finally here. Getting the truck loaded up tomorrow morning early, then hitting the highway.

Exciting and scary. I guess that's what you would call anxious, though that word just doesn't feel right. I feel like I've hit my personal reset button so many times that it should be old hat by now. I still don't know what I'll do for money when I get there, but my expectations and desires have changed so much I think I'll find something. Something away from people. It's funny, Dad is scared I'll become a recluse, but that's exactly what I want.

Don't know when I'll get computer access again, so I'll be gone from here for a while. Be good. :)

Don't be a stranger here. :)

So, stretched over 2 continents, I have six siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings

In the continental US, I have four.

Of the five of us, four have lost our jobs in the last year.

I just found out today, that upon arriving home from being laid off from her job, my sister was told by her husband that he didnt' want to be married to her anymore.

Seriously?

Ouch, talk about bad luck. :(

So, stretched over 2 continents, I have six siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings

In the continental US, I have four.

Of the five of us, four have lost our jobs in the last year.

I just found out today, that upon arriving home from being laid off from her job, my sister was told by her husband that he didnt' want to be married to her anymore.

Seriously?

Sorry to hear that, Chad.

Well, the move is finally complete. I'm in my new old home in Kentucky and got phone/internet connected at last.

This is the house I lived in as an undergrad and it's been rented out to some really revolting people for the last twelve years. It looks and smells like an ashtray with vague undertones of dog crap. I'm going to be renovating the place for quite a while, a project which I find I'm looking forward to.

The question now is: What next? Back to school? Find a job doing... who knows? Try and start a new career? I might even try to ... *gasp* date again. I don't know. I don't know anything anymore.

The reset button has been pressed.

Log-Man...this is so...sudden...Yes, I will marry you!

wait...

that's not right..

:)

Renovations sounds good.