Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

...have you not read the book?

LoL. Of course I have, many, many times.  In fact, we're currently reading it as a family (My daughter likes the Dwarves the best: per her, "Their Masterpieces are Beautiful.")

I do want to see the movie -- even if, from my understanding, extra material has been put in (Thus, the "No Spoiler" comment -- I've tried to avoid the "review" sites, as I want to see it for myself.).  I'm ok with extra material, as long as it's "official" and not from out in left field (I expect anything extra to be "official," per the source material).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing it.  Part 1 was very good, as were the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, so I suspect Part 2 will be up to par also.

~ M

So, my wife happened to look through my browser history on this iPad and just shakes her head about how big a nerd I am.

I wonder what she was expecting, gnosticism, philosophy, liberal arts, humanities... :D Maybe throw in a few of these to confuse her. I can make suggestions. :D 

Booz | Allen | Hamilton

IED Fabricator, Mid Job

Date: Dec 16, 2013

IED Fabricator, Mid-01153099DescriptionKey Role:

Perform as a training aids fabricator and maintain responsibility for constructing improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and unexploded ordnance (UXO) training aids for use by training teams during US and partner training events. Research IED storyboards and fabricate new IED training aids based on current real world intelligence and events. Acquire and assemble ordnance training aids with render safe procedures and disposal task utility. Assist military instructors with writing scenarios based on current tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) incorporating an understanding of IED and UXO functioning while implementing weapons technical intelligence (WTI) and tactical forensic exploitation into the training tasks. This position is located in Honolulu, HI. ...

I didn't know one could get a certification in IED Electronics.

Though I am reminded of a job opening listing that was quoted long long ago on the Dilbert site; it specified a requirement of 5 years of experience with a technology which had only existed for 3.5 years.

Though I am reminded of a job opening listing that was quoted long long ago on the Dilbert site; it specified a requirement of 5 years of experience with a technology which had only existed for 3.5 years.

I've seen those in real life.  I think there was one requiring three years of experience with Microsoft Hyper-V in 2010, a year after it came out.  The other was for five years of VMware vSphere 5 experience in 2011, before it had even been released.

Prussian dictator? Pah! That'll be the day!

'specially since Prussia ain't around any more.

Without explaining the intricate and glorious history of PAID in Full on the boards.... the Prussian part is a running gag based on my family tree, which includes a chief of the Prussian general staff -- who seems to have lost every battle he oversaw on his meteoric rise to the top!

Such glory.

it is more than a little bit unfair that Bazza is already celebrating the New Year when the American contingent is not.

If I were you I would make a resolution that you get the New Year before he does next time around.

But how I hear you ask ?

Simple. Tie Australia off the coast off California.

Job done.

My new years resolution 640x480 :P

well seriously it is to live to see 2015. That is all I need.