Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Death Tribble Says: File under WOAH !

So I see the squirrels chasing each other up and down the trees and now we are upto 5 of them. Fair enough but then one gets close to my window on a few twigs. And then another comes up and they are giving each other a hard time. And then what do I see ? One squirrel holding on to the other and fighting him as the second squirrel is holding onto the twigs of the tree and the both drop off the tree to the ground. We are talking about 20 odd feet here. And they both lived through it and went on chasing each other.

Heh. When my in-laws sealed the whole in their attic the squirrels were using to get in, my mother-in-law heard a rapping at her (second-floor) window when she was sewing and saw a squirrel knocking on the glass as if to say "Let me in! It's Frickin' Cold out here!"

I was listening to the Beach Boys on musak when that musing occurred to me. The groups of yesteryear, it seems, produced many more albums before they wore out their welcome. But then, they were publishing one or two a year, sometimes more. There wasn't time to get worn out on a song or record. These days (damn kids!) a group releases one album and coasts on it for years it seems.

Maybe it's just me, when there's an active group I like, but it feels like they take forever to release new material. And by then, fans are saying "I like their old stuff better."

Just a thoughts.

I was listening to the Beach Boys on musak when that musing occurred to me. The groups of yesteryear, it seems, produced many more albums before they wore out their welcome. But then, they were publishing one or two a year, sometimes more. There wasn't time to get worn out on a song or record. These days (damn kids!) a group releases one album and coasts on it for years it seems.

Maybe it's just me, when there's an active group I like, but it feels like they take forever to release new material. And by then, fans are saying "I like their old stuff better."

Just a thoughts.

Hipsters gonna hip.