Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a documentary about beekeeping the other night. It's fascinating work, and I would be interested if I weren't so terrified of the little monsters. I was stung on the lip as a kid and I avoid them if at all possible today. On the show one guy got stung on the lip as he was working and he just felt a little dumb, but no big deal. Even the experienced ones will say they've been stung dozens of times if not hundreds. So... nope. But they are fascinating.

I was stung a few times. 

First was...I stepped on him. He stung the bottom of my foot. 

It was itchy.

So it was self defense?

I'm not sure that bee stings are supposed to itch.  I've stepped on a few, and I put my hand down on one at the beach once.  Sore, but not itchy.  The one time I got hit by a paper wasp was more sore, but also not itchy.

The box jellyfish sting, however, OMFG.  It burned for two days and itched like hell for two weeks.  Not recommended.

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

tkdguy, on 20 Dec 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Why am I invariably more popular on message boards than in real life?

For me, it's because I'm more comfortable. I'm not (horribly) socially awkward, but I am quieter and more prone to finding a place to hide. On the message boards I'm not as thrown by body language and loud noises :D