Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, death tribble said:

In reply to tkdguy's question, the tennis players have several major and minor championships to play for during the year so they that one player is unlikely to win them all. And coverage is not at saturation level.

Also come to Britain and you can avoid all basketball coverage. 

I don't have to go to Britain to do that; I just have to watch another channel or surf the web.

Also, unless you have the Tennis channel, the only minor tournaments that are aired are the ones on US soil.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I took a trial class in Iaido a couple of months ago. Is it okay to take a second trial class? I don't want to be a freeloader, but I do have some questions before I commit.

Go for it! Take the class -- it's a pretty big investment in both time and money, so make sure it's right for you. My old Kendo club has as a policy that the first month of training in the beginners' course are free, and I always found that sensible.

2 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Go for it! Take the class -- it's a pretty big investment in both time and money, so make sure it's right for you. My old Kendo club has as a policy that the first month of training in the beginners' course are free, and I always found that sensible.

Done. I will go for another class on Sunday. Thanks.

I'm not on Instagram. However, I am subscribed to a couple of YouTube channels about Japanese swordsmanship. One is Hiro Imafuji, who is providing a few free courses (through videos and pdf documents) for beginners and intermediate-level students. The second is the teacher of Shinkan Ryu. He is American, but he lives in Japan. He offers online training.