Capcom HERO

Michael Hopcroft

Now that Capocom has sold their RPG rithgts to Living Room Games, I;'m wondering what they'll do with it. Still, i;d like to see soemthuing unoficcial for ti in HEro because:

1, HERO handles the fighting game genre very well, and

2. I suspect that with Campcom poulling the strings, they won't get to do the REALLY inetersting things with the characters.

For example, I don't know in LR Games' system willl ahve soom for social disadavnatges (or indeed social anything), yet the classic Capcom fighting game characters should in theory have plenty of them. Street Fighter could practically have a relationship chart.

I'm wondering whether I should ask if anyone has that sort of thing in mind.

Re: Capcom HERO

See Surbrook's Stuff' date=' between he, Alex Fauth and myself there are dozens of fighting fighting game characters (capcom and others)...[/quote']

I can't wait for the Capcom books myself.

And will I see more characters from you, hmmm?

:)

I can't wait for the Capcom books myself.

And will I see more characters from you, hmmm?

:)

I myself want to see the Karin writup. Why? Well, I am a fan of her hairstyle...but beyond that, you have to amier someone that rich, who still finds in nesasarie to beat someone up personly, and NOT send wave after wave of faceless minions after Sakura.

Capcom Fighters sings this song; doo-dah doo-dah

Capcom Arena five miles long; oh the doo-dah day

Sorry couldn't resist, I will go back being quiet. Though I am interested since the only WW books still on my self is Streetfighter.

G

Akuna-ma-tata

What a wonderful phrase!

Akuna-ma-tata

Ain't no passing phase...

I just want to glance through the books and see if they did it any better than the WW versions...

What is there exactly to get excited about here? It is doubtful that the combat system will be as good as Hero, it looks like they are just doing the one on one fighting games, wow, I can't WAIT to simulate that!!

I like those games too, and I actually own a Streetfighter 2 Jamma board that plugs into my Super Neo 29 arcade cabinet (also have a Neo Geo motherboard for it, 11 cartridges, an X-Men board, and half a dozen other boards for it), but I fail to see how they would possibly be able to do the genre better than Hero could?

Personally my guess is that it is going to end up being more along the lines of the old WWF RPG, remember that mess?

Also, didn't there used to be a Street Fighter roleplaying game? I am almost certain there was.

Also, didn't there used to be a Street Fighter roleplaying game? I am almost certain there was.

Yes, published by White Wolf. I still have it. You had to make cards to write down the charatceristics and damage of your fighter;'s signature moves and the system was really built around one-on-one duels. It used a somewhat more burtal but les lethal 9since SF duels are rarely fogutht to the death) version of the WoD system.

The four sourcebooks planned for the Capcom RPG are Street Figher, Darkstalkers, King of Fighters and Rival Schools. No Capcom vs. Marvel, probably because of the licensing issues. (I ratehr doubt we will ever see another Marvel RPG). IIRC, King of Fighters started out as an SNK property.

I'm not sure what exactly I would do with these games if I bought them. Converting to HERO seems obvious, but what kind of characters are these? Supers?

What is there exactly to get excited about here? It is doubtful that the combat system will be as good as Hero' date=' it looks like they are just doing the one on one fighting games, wow, I can't WAIT to simulate that!![/quote']

Although I'm not interested in the one-on-one fighting style of the video games, I do think Capcom has scads of interesting characters that can be adapted to a variety of genres. A serious of Capcom sourcebooks would be great for ideas, plots, NPCs, and descriptions of the various video game characters. Who cares if the fighting system isn't any good? I'd use it all as a HERO resource anyway.

I'm not sure what exactly I would do with these games if I bought them. Converting to HERO seems obvious' date=' but what kind of characters are these? Supers?[/quote']

In NINJA HERO, I describe a video game martial artist pretty much as a form of super hero. I certainly would build them on the superheroic scale, with a 150-200 point base and totals of 250-350 points (or more). The various adaptations I have on my website are all built this way. In fact, Midnite Maid, the Shotokan-clone in NINJA HERO is 360 points.

D20.

OGL, more specifically. The folks at Living Room Games say that it'll be similar to Mutants & Masterminds in regards to chargen. From the demo pack I saw, it felt more like that and d20 mixed together... of course, that could change. They pushed back the release to December due to some rules changes they needed to make.

I'm not sure what exactly I would do with these games if I bought them. Converting to HERO seems obvious, but what kind of characters are these? Supers?

Ninja HERO would be as good a place to start as any. Probably bring in EBs for things like fireballs and whatnot. *shrug* Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll have to see if I can stat out Bison with his Psycho Crusher and all...

Ninja HERO would be as good a place to start as any. Probably bring in EBs for things like fireballs and whatnot. *shrug* Now that I'm thinking about it' date=' I'll have to see if I can stat out Bison with his Psycho Crusher and all...[/quote']

M. Bison - the White Wolf version adapted to HERO.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/streetfighter/sfmbison.html