Capcom HERO

Michael Hopcroft

Re: Capcom HERO

Thankyou.

And since Capcom can't be expected to maintian cohesive continuity...just kidding. If you ever get a chance to see it, there is a guy goes by the name tiamat. He got translations of the book "All about Capcom" and it has the skinny on the whole Street FIghter universe and all that is "canon".

it's an interesting read.

Who knew that 'Q' would be so tough...

Thankyou.

And since Capcom can't be expected to maintian cohesive continuity...just kidding. If you ever get a chance to see it, there is a guy goes by the name tiamat. He got translations of the book "All about Capcom" and it has the skinny on the whole Street FIghter universe and all that is "canon".

it's an interesting read.

Who knew that 'Q' would be so tough...

I hesitate to admit this... but I haven't played SF since its Alpha 3 release on the Dreamcast... or was it PSOne? One of those. Anyways, never played 3rd Strike or anything, so all mentions of Gil, Q, and others are pretty much lost on me. :)

Most of my fighting games come down to Tekken, Soul Calibur, and once in awhile Marvel vs. Capcom.

I think Capcom has a huge list of interesting characters and settings that could make for interesting roleplaying aside from the atypical Streetfighter universe characters. (I include Rival Schools and Darkstalkers in this) How about these:

Resident Evil: Survival Horror at its best (well...Silent Hill does the horror part better, but RE is a classic!)

Star Gladiators: A little-known Capcom 3D fighting game. The setting is intruiging and the characters are very cool as is expected of Capcom. Set in the future where advanced technology exists and Alien species interact with humans. A megalomaniac named Bilstien attempts to take over the galaxy and a band of Heroes attempts to stop him with their Plasma weaponry. The main character, Hayato is a light-sabre wielding samurai with Ki-powers that he channels through his plasmasword. Other characters include an acrobatic female (of course) with beam-chakram, a Wookie-like character with a plasma axe and a bird-man with beamclaws. The birdman is really cool as he can fly (for short periods) and swoop down upon his enemy, scoop them up off the ground and do a super-atomic pildriver! Good stuff.

Megaman and Megaman X: We all know who this is (I hope so, anyway) and this could be a fun light-hearted campaign or even a serious game with super-high technology and lots of robot-bashing.

Devil May Cry: This is one of my favorite games of all time and Dante is without a doubt the coolest video game character ever devised. A DMC campaign could include a group of individual Devil Hunters forced to work together to stop Armageddon...

Hey don't feel bad.

Personally, somewhere along the way I became a greater fan of The King of Fighters series. To say it's superior to Streetgfighter is wrong, Capcom always maintained the Edge gameplay and graphics wise. But storyline? KOF kicks ASS. Every 3 or 4 years they did a "dream" match which threw together as many characters as they could fit. But beyond that, they introduced new villains, heroes, and storylines every year. And Capcom started to lose me on the SSFIIultracoolspecialeditions. Capcom did a marvelous job on the "Vs" titles (forgive the pun) and the rapture that is Capcom vs SNK was hard to ignore.

Honestly, the fighting game genre has been done to death, the games progress visually only now. 3-D, 2-D, the combos, specials, and eveything falls into "quasi-realistic" and "don't give a hoot about realism"...

But I LOVE THEM. they are the only arcade games I play...

What I like about the King of Fighters and other Neo Geo fighters is that I don't need a six button arcade cabinet to support them. The six button layout is klunky and uncomfortable for games that only use a few buttons, while the Neo Geo layout plays like a dream for games with one to 4 buttons.

So while I actually do have a Street Fighter II JAMMA board, I don't want to actually add the extra buttons to my cabinet to play it.

Of course my FAVORITE arcade games don't use buttons at all (Robotron and Uo Poko).

I've always been a SF fan myself ... in fact, I've been itching to run some SF Hero and may actually do it tonight :D Just gotta make the characters now ;)

On an odd side note ... we've (my group and I) been joking about doing a quarters version of the game. Bring a few quarters with you. Ante in a quarter to play ... if you're in dire need of help, you may add a quarter to get a heal. Winner takes the pot and then a new fight happens ;) Kinda like poker ... but better ;)

King is Cool, Long live the King.

My favorite KOF characters are:

Maxima

Shii Kensou (He shares my birthday, dresses like I did in highschool and if I was a japanese martial arts using highschool student; he's what I'd look like.

But I'd stop chasing Athena and turn my attentions to Vanessa, The new girl Fuin(?) or Mai, of course...