OT: Was I even missed?

Brandi

I thought I'd have what would be a nice, hectic move on the weekend of July 31st from my old apartment to my new one-- only a couple blocks from our original place, but on a second floor. With the help of family we got all the crates moved in, I saw my husband off to the archaeological dig he was going to on August 1st in Nevada (this had been planned well before the move), and settled in. Monday night, August 2nd, I figured I'd dump some trash I found and maybe have a nice snack before settling in for a night's sleep and planning how to start unpacking.

Three steps down from the bottom I apparently thought I had reached the bottom of the stairs, stepped out, and fell *hard*. In particular, I never remembered my left ankle pivoting quite that far in before...

Yep, you guessed it. Broken ankle. In multiple places. Never broke a bone in my life before and started by doing it so thoroughly that I had 4 hours of surgery to place a metal plate and a couple of screws in place. Even now I'm not supposed to put my weight on it for at least two more weeks.

So, for the last month I'd been living at the house of two friends (who ALSO had just moved that weekend!) where I didn't have to climb stairs. Only last Friday, the 11th, when my husband got home and could assist me in crawling up the stairs and unpacking, have I even been able to get set up enough to get online for the first time tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: OT: Was I even missed?

Yeah, I'm doing okay now. I probably *should* have posted in the NGD board, but the truth is, the Champs board is the only one here I use enough for anyone to notice if I were gone.

Hopefully, the next doctor's visit (Oct. 4) will let me know if I can start putting weight on the foot and walking with a cane instead of scooting around in a wheelchair or clonking along on a walker.