Cinematic Gun Combat: "Give me that."

ParitySoul

Re: Cinematic Gun Combat: "Give me that."

I'd have to rummage in my books but I think what you're looking for is the Martial Manuever Takeway. A Disarm makes them drop the weapon where as the Takeaway seems to be what you're looking for.

Cool. Now, how do I make it UBER so it's like 75% or better I get the gun from the mook. Were talking about something like power theft for the case of the Gun.

Hmmm. Both options work' date=' I'm just curious if I could take and use in the same round...I mean phase.[/quote']

Unlikely. Doing any form of Takeaway, or using a Teleport Usable As Attack, or Stretching, or any other game mechanic that will give you the gun is going to constitute an attack action, and thus end your phase.

Your best bet might to be withhold your action on one phase until right before the start of the next phase, then do your "gun snatch" routine (however you decide to do it), and then move into the next phase, so there's very little time between you grabbing the gun and you shooting it.

If you want to use it right away' date=' you might be able to build a RKA with Trigger. The trigger being "upon taking a gun from an enemy."[/quote']

Hm, that might work, particularly if one defines the attacks as "xd6 or less", to reflect possible differences in weapon one obtains. I think putting an Activation Roll on the construct would be good, too (reflecting the difficulty in catching the captured weapon "just right" to allow for an immediate attack).

Neat idea, though likely a bit high-cost for most DC campaigns!

I think putting an Activation Roll on the construct would be good' date=' too (reflecting the difficulty in catching the captured weapon "just right" to allow for an immediate attack).[/quote']

Good call. Maybe tack on Side Effects so if you fail, you've actually ended up shooting yourself. Not like this should be an easy thing to do, even in a cinematic campaign.