WWYCD #115: Xerox Paradox...Baby Blues!

ParitySoul

Problem : Dr. Destroyer/Demon/Viper/what have you has found a way to copy your character. But not only have they gotten this process down but they can do it in BULK!!! There is only one glitch to the process: It creates a lesser/younger version of you with only a mere fraction of your memories and abiltiles. ie. A younger/childlike version of you. These clones DO have power and in numbers can prove to be a problem, and all signs show that in time they will indeed grow into a full fledge copy of your character...save loyal to your foes. Currently there is a half dozen active and you 'might' have time to save them. But signs show the process is done in another location. Do your stop the copies, the system that copies you, and what do you do with them afterwards?

Re: WWYCD #115: Xerox Paradox...Baby Blues!

::chuckles:: If my GM reads this and suddenly Mini-Io's (with pink hair, an attitude much like Chibi-Usa from the Sailor Moon series, and that think they are in love with Bladestar) start showing up....I am so going to blame you. :mad:

I'm going to have to think about this one.

... Ouch. Luckily, her clones can't pass for her at home(ie, she has had several things done that can't be cloned that will confirm her idenity) Plus, given her upbringing... Being raised by Dr. Destroyer might be an improvment. Cyrande would ask Starguard to go with her to collect the children, asking the rest of the team politely to take care of the factory, then semi retire and raise them as unofficial daughters and younger sisters, in a place preferably far from civilization. Of course, given even minor versions of her power is still impressive, that might cause some difficulties...

For the warmaster he would first rescue the kids and begin there training in the path, and be surprised that someone was able to successfully clone a non mind blind Ceran. Then he'd track the factory down, then calmly rip out all the information pertaining to this from the persons mind making sure that no way to copy this exists.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Flippant:

Well, this is... bad. A master villain with an army with the innate power to traverse dimensions? Excuse us while he conquers the multiverse...

Shut down the cloning facility with all undue haste. Destroy it, raze it, and take steps to make sure the mastermind can never repeat the process. If thaing him for the local equivalent of a lobotomy... well... sacrifices have to be made for the safety of, uhm, everything.

On the other hand, he's good with training kids. (professiGymnastics Coach, but it's a knack too)

So he picks up half a dozen kid sidekicks. Who will be pressed to enjoy superheroics, as athletics aren't an option for them. He'll claim they're his nephews from his homeland. (Undecided; somewhere in eastern Europe)

Estatua:

Well, for the clones to have powers, they must have cloned the skin donor,be full-blown 'superman' types. This not good. This verrrry bad. Defeat them with a bit of difficulty, and have the team locate the base STAT.

Style – “Wonderful. Just wonderful. Demon now has a small army of magelings based on me, all of them doomed.†Watches with interest as the forces of the Dragon, Viper, Takafones, the Crowns, and the Circle of the Scarlet Moon pour their wrath down upon Demon and a half dozen younger versions of him, none of whom have mastered the Light of Heaven series of spells that are the only thing that has kept him alive in the face of enemies like these. Tries to make sure that this does not lead to the end of the world. If the “Mother†of the clones was once human, tries to redeem her through mental transformation; if they were grown from an Edomite Life Pool, tries to destroy it, and to reclame whatever artifact Demon has stolen to give them the imprint they’re using to duplicate him. Tries to make sure that none of his “brothers†ends up in the hands of his enemies, but knows that’s not going to happen.

Flesh – “Captain Flesh Gordon Junior Youth Squad Assemble!†Kids -“We look so good!†“Look, I can fly! Ow! OK, I can’t fly!†“Hey man, stop touching me!†“Watch me juggle flaming knives!†“Look, I can get my foot behind my head!†Doctor Destroyer, realizing his mistake, destroys the factory himself. Flesh now has six kid sidekicks, all super-strong, lucky, and clueless. Flesh Gordon Family adventures ensue.

The Mask of Justice: The major, major problem here is that whoever did this now knows how the Mask's powers *work*. Thus, they can neutralize the Mask at any time. The kids themselves would probably be trained more as spies than anything else, as that's the quickest application of the vision abilities. (The Mask's superior combat ability took years to train up.) Given this is the Golden Age, the Mask is quickly able to convince his "offspring" to turn to the side of good. They smash the Nazi copy machine, the mad scientist who invented it accidentally kills himself trying to use a new weapon against them, and the kids are adopted by anonymous families across America.

Rock Bottom: Well, the New Guard might be able to smash the TAROT facility, but they're cunning, so it's unlikely we'll be able to stop them from trying again elsewhere. Better let the Global Guardians know about this problem. And the Venture Institute will be just thrilled with six junior living statues, I'm sure. (Rock's young enough that he'd consider himself more a big brother than a father figure.)

Calculus: Six Brain Boys, huh? (His hero name as a kid.) He will use logic to show them that working for the baddies is an inefficient use of their powers. With their combined brainpower, it should be a snap to make sure no more copies are made. Then it's off to home and trying to explain to the wife why they now have seven children. Calculus is *not* going to let anyone else raise these little geniuses.

Kira Midori: Is very worried for these children, as Earth's current society isn't like her own, where psychic powers are extremely common, so kids with them are raised correctly. After stomping Dr. Strangeclone and putting him behind bars (forever this time, she hopes), Kira will devote her time to raising her little sisters right. Probably, she'd finally accept a marriage proposal so that the kids have a father too.

Talion: Cringes. Six brats, with his powers? (Admittedly at reduced levels, but that's not saying much.) Nuke the "factory" from orbit. This will probably *not* kill the children, but should discourage anyone from trying the experiment ever again. Then try to find the little monsters good homes, reminding the prospective parents of how his lousy childhood made him turn out so badly.

Microman II: Well, Mechanon is probably the only one who could do this one, so defeating him and destroying the equipment will be difficult. Whats more, its alot easier to part hard and fast controls into androids than clones. And the only viable choice to "father" them is Dr Collins.

I have a feeling this would turn out bad in the end. . .

Guest Veavitdpoh

Ian would be very concerned. He's still holding out for old age, but as far as he knows, he can't die, period. And if someone starts mass-producing Ians, that's quickly going to lead to an exponential population boost that will overrun the earth in a few generations... doesn't take long when it's one-way. So priority one would be to find that factory and shut it the hell down - as well as figure out just how they got a sample in the first place! (The answer is unnecessarily biological and we will not go into it here.) If he latched onto any of his mini-mes in the process, he'd end up being the "cool uncle" type, correcting misconceptions but not doing anything in particular to keep them out of trouble or from seeing what the world is like.

Once the factory gets shut down, he'll ship the whole lot off to a village in Brazil where he spent a few years. Ian's not going to raise 'em - he never asked for 'em, and he knows he won't be able to handle 'em alone. It takes a village! ...sorry. Had to be done.

Anthem is a kid. And her powers did not develope so long ago. So a lesser, younger, version of her would not have powers. It would still be disturbing. Of course she couldn't hurt them. And as a result there would forever be a group of people like my character running around in the game. She'd do her best to teach them how to behave appropriately and train them, since they wouldn't have benefit of her sensei that trained her. (On a side note, as a player, I'd hate having a wholly non-unique character; It's one thing to have an evil twin, it's another to be another face in the crowd.)

Uncle Slam is not a young man, and he has had his powers a long time, so a younger version of him is still considerable. He's been cloned before (back in WW II), and back then he and another hero put that clone out of business for good. Now he's a different guy. He'd try and have them rounded up by PRIMUS then they'd go in force as a team to stop the madness. Then he'd have them trained by the agency, who would love having an army of Slams.

Audra Blue would detest the loss of uniqueness. But they would not have her technological implants nor her life experiences. So they would never really be her, they'd just look like her.

Well on one hand this is pretty simple Kenneth uses the anti Husky serum regularly to change back from being Husky stopping the young Huskys will consist of the use of copious amounts of serum darts. Destroying the reproduction process will probably involve smashing equipment and liberal application of computer viruses and possibly a tailormade bio-weapon designed to corrupt the replication process before life intiates. Now the really young super intellectual children who have already been produced are a completely different matter. Kenneth will realize they'll be super geniuses even if they don't have the Husky serum. They might develop power armor, super weapons, or their own unique serums if they aren't monitored. I guess it's time to add another wing to the Fortress of Huskitude and start building Mentor Robots. Tune in next month for the First issue of "The Clarke Institute for Gifted Children."

Guest Veavitdpoh

Golden Eagle is not concerned' date=' beyond the outrage at the breach of ethics. 6 kids with the "power" to invent a battlesuit seem a poor use of his cloning resources.[/quote']

So he wouldn't be chuffed about someone having their own gadgeteer think tank? Mass production of doomsday weapons begins tuesday...

Rocketman- Well seeing how he is nothing more than a guy wearing a golden age surplus jet-pack and seeing how his last opponents were riding bleeding edge tech flying platforms he would rejoice that the baddies apparently suffered a major budget shortfall. As for the clones out fly or out fight them and toss 'em in a holding cell for air-traffic violations. Take apart the packs to see if there are any design improvements i can make use of. I doubt i'd notice the kids resemblance until it was pointed out to me. At that point i'd be wondering why Viper et al was going to the trouple to clone mooks. Surely it's cheaper to just hire them. Hmmmm i wonder what effect this will have on the unemployment rate?

The Factory once located woudl go BOOM, The "children" would be harder, if Evil was hardwired into them so to speak, then they would have to be taken care of. If there was a chance that they would not automatically be evil then they would have to be cared for.

Ghost Archer:

"It would solve the problem of all of Raven's clones being in love with me. Now they could each have their own copy. As for the facilties, destruction is a given. Once that was complete it would be a good way to prove the nature or nuture question but that would depend on how long the clones had been under the Clonemaster's influence. I have always known that by nature, I am a force of good, I never had to learn that. Could that 'natural' tendency be altered by Clonemaster?"

Shidoku: A small army of mini me's. Cool! Given Iron Age tech tends to be a bit more realistic she's got some time to consider since the clones have to grow up normally. She'd likely try to find them good homes and watch them over the years to make sure they don't go bad. Secretly, she wanted a family anyway. The person behind it would have to be eliminated, either locked up or more permantantly. A brain like that needs to be locked up or in a jar not running around on the loose.

Valkeyrie: Would find the entire idea deeply troubling but wouldn't accept any harm coming to the clones. They haven't done anything but be created. She'd want to see to raising them personally, but really wouldn't have the financial resouces to handle 6+ nearly indestructible superstrong children and have to settle for looking over from the from afar.

Tao:Since this would likely be the original plan for her coming to fruition she'd look forward to getting matters settled finally. The kids would be turned over to the Venture Institute, hopefully to be taught to use their powers responsibly. It would feel good to have more "family" in the world.

Shellrider: This could be... extremely bad. In a high-tech enviroment, her younger sisters would be nearly unstoppable spies and covert operatives. She'd shut down the factory by any means possible, get a patent on the cloning and speed-growth processes if possible, hire a number of top biotech researchers and lab techs, and put the factory back into operation, growing organs to order instead of entire humans. As for the clones themselves, she'd ask her parents to legally adopt them, then hire a nanny or two and move them into a "cabin" on the Sunshine Coast so they can have a more nearly normal life, in an environment where their powers can't wreak havoc easily.

Guess I'm not immune to my own question:

Brand X - Would be terrified. It would mean that Viper finaly got their hands on a copy of his 'Father's notes or found some of the survivors from the previous Project: Hermes. He personaly destroyed the lab, but maybe some of the data leaked out.

Destroying the factory would be secondary. The clones need to be saved before the 'imprinting' process turns them into deadly drones. He wouldn't be suprised to see them with serial codes like his. X002, X003, etc. They might be the missing embryos his father couldn't account for when he snuck away from the project. Seeing as how his father is dead now (assassinated) he would turn to UNTIL to find home and cover identies for them. THen calling in his local crew or UNITY for back up, he would hunt the cloner down and destory the Hermes notes once and for all.

And, of course, as my character is named Blues, this would make an excellent pun-title for an issue. ;)

However, he would have to wonder just what the antagonist in question was thinking in cloning someone whose only really useful 'powers' derive from cybernetics. ;)

But, past that, sabotage the machinery, most definitely. Not sure what to do with the little freaks o' nature, though ... maybe find some way to ship 'em back to the year 3K (heck, maybe one of them is actually a young him! ... stupid time travel).

Cannis, less than amused, starts out by finding and dealing with the lab where her clones are being created. Once she finds it, she slips in quietly when no one is there, and takes all of the notes while smiling to herself. ~It might be interesting to see how the City’s Champions react to having clones of themselves running around.~ Once that is done, she takes any equipment that is readily portable and destroys the rest. Depending on what other types of research activities the company or lab is engaged in, the building itself just may end up burned to the ground once she makes sure no one is in it. Once that is done, she sets about finding the clones. After they spend about six months or so with Cannis and the rest of her packmates learning the proper way of viewing the world, Cannis asks for Adam to arrange for them to be sent to the equivalent of Professor X’s School for Mutants. She still spends time with them, though the relationship is more sister/friend than maternal.

Sailor Io focuses her attention on the six younger versions of herself. She and her teammates track them down, she freezes them, and then the Senshi take as much time as necessary to talk some sense into the new young Senshi. Ultimately, the older senshi and the younger senshi work together to deal with the individual copying them and insure that it won’t happen any more. Once the problem is resolved, Io looks at the six children, ponders, and then picks up the phone. “Mom, Dad….â€