Jorune HERO

Lord Liaden

Re: Jorune HERO

Damn this brings back memories. Journe was / is an amazing setting. The "magic system" is fully intragratred into the setting. The setting is so tight so interwoven that it can can pose a bit of a vertical learning curve to new players. You pretty much have to copy and hand out the old Skyrealms players book a week before the first play session just so ther players know enough to make resonable charactor choices. The origional rules were a bit opaque but HERO could adapt the setting easily.

Great game though.

Blast i was hoping to see how they handled the Hero versions of the Earth-tech. Good job overall though.

I think Earthtec would be pretty straightforward. Lasers are lasers' date=' grenades are grenades, etc. We've already got lots of writeups for most SFnal weapons.[/quote']

Yes but they are so rare that I coud see requiring the pc's to pay points for them. Also only some races could use them, the Lim they used would be interesting. And the plasma weapons have 2 types of charges. In the pistol the powerpack was good for 6-10 ish shots and the matter reserve was good for 50. Again i'd like to see how it was done. I expect it was charges lim for the powerpack and a general lim for the matter reserve.

I'm also hoping for the racial and animial writeups. Journe has a large number of unique races and beasties and i was looking forward to revisiting them.

For anyone interested, there is a Yahoo group dedicated to Jorune here. It's not overly active, but one of the participants is Joe Coleman, who knew Amy and Andrew Leker and Miles Teeves (the game creators) personally. Just don't ask him about trying to get the game updated or published again... He spent a lot of time trying to do that but was blocked at every turn; now it's something of a sore spot.