Telios Long term plan

Shikarr

Alright guys I have started a few things with Telios in the past but am now thinking of coming up with a long term subtle plan for the campaign for him. For those that don't know who Telios is, he is a genetics and biological mastermind type character. So I would like some suggestions for a long term goal for such a character that is achievable in say 20 yrs or so. So far one idea I have came up with is that he has influenced world food markets to dump bio engineered food in places that need food badly and inserted a dormant gene in it. When the gene is established sufficiently he will send out the triger for it to activate. Haven't figured out what that gene might do yet but that is one preliminary idea.

What else might the fans of Herodom come up with? Trying for subtlety and long term that may be stumbled accross by my intrepid hero group.

Re: Telios Long term plan

The experiment idea is one I am basically working on. Some type of long term large pool gene experiment. Just need an idea of what he might do with it or what he might try to establish. After all the world might not like being his breeding stock or eperimental subjects, but what might he try or do is the question. Alas I am at a loss on that in general.

Well, one easy and obvious idea:

Send out one subject with an STD. Side effects include vastly increased physical health and resielience (as compared to normal humans), increased physical strength, amazing recuperative powers, heightened sex drive, extended life span, reduced need for sleep, sterility, a tendency towards overwhelming extremes of emotion (love, hate, joy, fear, lust, sympathy), irational fixations ("I must be extremely polite"; "I must not cross running water"), and a distressing crossing of sexual drives and the urge to commit acts of violence against the object of desire. The virus (which Telios has code named LILITH) was intended in part as an attempt to test out theories of gene-engineering in-vivo, and the pattern of release was intended to assist with the tracking. The negative side effets are unfortunate, but see how well the otherwise positive Virus is countering the spread of HIV? Perhaps the carriers will eventually adjust ...

Well, twenty years is typically the span of one generation, so the first thing that comes to my mind is the breeding of a new "master race" who will take over the world upon their maturity. Variations on this generational theme include: the introduction of a genetic agent which will alter the coming generation in some way (enslave their will to Teleios, induce superpowers, sterilize the majority to ease overpopulation), triggered when they reach puberty; or the breeding of a true superpowered host body compatible with Teleios's own genetic code into which he will transfer his consciousness (perhaps against the "host's" will).

I'll give it some more thought.

or the breeding of a true superpowered host body compatible with Teleios's own genetic code into which he will transfer his consciousness (perhaps against the "host's" will).

A great origin story for your teen sidekick or a teen PC, especially when Telios intervenes once or twice to keep him or her alive. ;)

A great origin story for your teen sidekick or a teen PC' date=' especially when Telios intervenes once or twice to keep him or her alive. ;)[/quote']

Actually, that's not a bad theme for a small Teen Hero team. "Say, why do all the super kids have blonde hair and blue eyes?"

Well' date=' twenty years is typically the span of one generation, so the first thing that comes to my mind is the breeding of a new "master race" who will take over the world upon their maturity. [/quote']

Good ideas for a Children of the Corn / Space Children adventure.

Variations on this generational theme include: the introduction of a genetic agent which will alter the coming generation in some way (enslave their will to Teleios, induce superpowers, sterilize the majority to ease overpopulation), triggered when they reach puberty

And this makes a fun plan in progress if there's a sudden Mutant epidemic, complete with tributes.

Well I have a couple of plots I had in mind for him

Firstly

The bride of Telios manipulation of embryos during in vitro fertilization at a number of clinics and also drug/retroviral treatment on expecting mothers with good genetics designed to create a potential mate for telios or suitable subjects for an advanced eugenics program.

Tailored diseases designed to weed out weak members of society.

Generating funds to for Political lobbying, via think tanks on bioethics

Food manipulation creating super foods to improve the human system even without gross genetic change

Tailored diseases designed to weed out weak members of society.

Frankly, this is how I've been using Teleios (and his 4E predecessor, Malachite) in my own campaigns. In line with his pseudo-Darwinian/Nietzchean philosophy, all his plots have been to assure the "survival of the fittest." His experiments on human subjects test the flexibility and adaptability of our genome. His unleashed diseases, monsters etc. are intended to weed out the weak.

Well' date=' twenty years is typically the span of one generation, so the first thing that comes to my mind is the breeding of a new "master race" who will take over the world upon their maturity.[/quote']

Well, perhaps not conquest. How about a race of ultimate survivalists? Their genetic code compresses evolution down from generations to days or weeks. Anything that effects an individual for more than a few days causes the body to begin to adapt to the conditions. Lack of food, make the digestive system more efficient. Extremes of temperature, adjust body fat content (etc).

Now, the question isn't "can Telios make this work?" Of course he can, but what will this race look like after a generation? How will members in different climate zones relate to each other? What of the effects on international society?

Imagine the proud patriarch of a (black) African family, and the son living in Norway who's as pale as the rest of his neighbors!

How about the difficulty in raising money for famine relief if the starving people can adjust their digestive systems to require less food (and consume cellulose on the side)?

Guest Major Tom

Well, twenty years is typically the span of one generation, so the first thing that comes to my mind is the breeding of a new "master race" who will take over the world upon their maturity. Variations on this generational theme include: the introduction of a genetic agent which will alter the coming generation in some way (enslave their will to Teleios, induce superpowers, sterilize the majority to ease overpopulation), triggered when they reach puberty; or the breeding of a true superpowered host body compatible with Teleios's own genetic code into which he will transfer his consciousness (perhaps against the "host's" will).

Shikarr, if you want to take a look at a story idea with a similar theme from a

non-HERO source, then check out the following website:

http://www.thesupplybunker.net

Among the many articles and fan-submitted MP adventures is an interesting

piece called "An Alternative End Of The World Scenario for The Morrow Pro-

ject", which deals with the subject of genetically-enhanced human beings

and the rather diabolical master plan of one of these gengineered supermen.

There's some other stuff in the article that you might find useful as well.

Major Tom :earth: