No Frameworks?

Zephrosyne

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: No Frameworks?

Do tell. :)

It's an exploit of the rules using Summon. You can apply gobs of limitations twice (on the Summon power and on what's Summoned) in addition to the 1 for 5 cost break. :D

Summon 64 or 130 point suicide bomber with nuclear bomb (Screwed up 15 year old kid). Weak willed –4 to ego rolls (+0.5) 19 or 39 active points.

The special effect of the summons is that instead of appearing out of nowhere, the mad scientist must actively recruit the suicide bomber and actually build the bomb in a lab for the bomber.

Limitations: OAF expendable (Needs plutonium and a willing suicide bomber) (-1.5) Immobile (-1) (secret science lab) One week to prepare (-4.5) 1charge (-2) recover per month (-1) requires science skill roll and persuasion skill roll (-0.75) side effect (-1) (acquires 60 points of hunteds and bad reputations after use of this power!)

Real cost 1 or 3.

Suicide bomber:

6 Str –4

8 Dex –6

6 Con –8

6 Body –8

10 Int 0

8 Ego –4

5 Pre –5

10 Com 0

1 PD 0

1 ED 0

2 Spd 2

2 Rec 0

12 End 0

12 Stun 0

-1†running –2

-2†swimming -2

Char cost –37

Powers:

Nuclear bomb

15d6 RKA area effect radius (+1) affects desolids (+0.5) megascale (+0.25) Active points 619

OAF bulky (bomb needs a van to move around) (-1.5) 1 charge (-2) No range (-0.5) 5 minute activation (-2) side effect (-2) (death to user) concentrate 0 DCV oblivious throughout activation time(-1.5) gestures oblivious throughout activation time (-0.75) Real cost 55

If megascale is too cheesy, replace with X256 area (+2) for a 16 kilometer radius, 1012 active points and 90 real points.

12d6 major transformation is linked to blast. This transform simulates fallout, radiation sickness, blinding flash, etc. area effect radius (+1) affects desolids (+0.5) megascale 2 levels(+0.5) Active points 540 same limitations as above except linked (-0.5) as well. Real cost 46.

If no megascale, replace with X1024 area (+2.5) for a 55 kilometer radius, 900 active points, and 77 real points.

Powers cost 101 or 167 depending on whether megascale was kosher.

Total cost is 64 or 130.

The reason there is a 5 minute activation, concentration, and gestures (aside from the point savings) is that the mad scientist had a failsafe process installed so that the bomber won’t accidentally set off the bomb. The 5 minutes allows the scientist to cancel if he really doesn’t want to blow up Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, and the concentration and gestures represent that the bomber has to go through a precise series of steps to set off the bomb.

I guess I have to technically buy the van for the kid, but I didn’t bother. Vans are something common enough that points shouldn’t have to be paid.

For 2 real points and megascale, I could probably generate an antimatter bomb that would destroy the entire solar system, but I wanted something at least semi realistic. ;)

Not bad for 1 real point. :D

Of course' date=' so long as we are talking about NPCs, we can build NPCs with atomic bombs coming out of their ears for 0 real points. If I'm the GM, I say, here Mr. NPC, have an atomic bomb, and lo and behold, he does! :)[/quote']

And yet when you try that at work, they look at you funny.

;)

Swingeing objection, I know, but you can't summon the bomb without paying full points for it according to the FAQ.

The transform to blow out the Sun has problems too. The Sun heard about you and bought a point of Power Defence.

Full points were paid for the suicide bomber. It's just that his equipment has a whole buncha limitations. :D