The Incredibles

Corven_Ren

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Incredibles

Ok this may sound funny coming from a 33 year old man' date=' but I am looking foreward to seeing the new Disney/Pixar flick The Incredibles. I was just wondering if anyone was considering converting these guys to Champions?[/quote']

I'm 37, a friend is over 40, and we cannot wait to see this film. And yes, I suspect I'll try to develop some HERO character sheets. Probably will wait until the DVD though.

Just turned 32 myself and I am so going to the friday night late late showing (no litle kids to deal with). Of course I will take my kids the second time I see it (at a decent hour) and will have to deal with ill-mannered urchins then.

I will be watching for those write-ups. I am not however looking forward to the "That's not accurate" posts that will inevitably follow.

I am so seeing this next week!

The director is apparently from my home town of Corvallis. He's the first "outsider" director for a Pixar movie.

I will have this DVD as well....

The director is Brad Bird...he worked on the Simpsons and directed Iron Giant (one of the best animated films ever).

I'm yet another 30-something who's going to be in line on Friday for this movie. I expect that most of the audience will be fanboys/girls rather than tots, but who knows. I don't care if there are a gaggle of wee ones around. I saw Finding Nemo with a bunch of kids in the audience and it was still hilarious. We just all laughed at different things.

Well, I guess I'm the first one to post here who's actually seen the Incredibles and I've gotta say it was GREAT. I think there were plenty of jokes for the adults and more than a few for the fanboys among us.

The folks who made this movie read a lotta comics--or played a few rounds of Champs. They came up with some fun uses of the super powers involved...

Two thumbs up.

Seen, loved it, and seeing it again tommorrow.

As for the character sheets, it seemed to me Mr. Incredible had a pile of extra strength for lifting only.

That and obviously Mr. Bird understood the usefulness of penetrating when dealing with Bricks.

Oh for the record I'm 24

Cheers, David

The Incredibles are Incredible!

For anyone who's ever dreamed of being a hero or who loves the superhero world, this is the movie to see! I saw it with my brother and I loved every moment of it. I gotta say that before I saw the movie, I too thought stretching powers were bland. Now, I have to say that stretching powers ROCK! I also have to say the same thing about invisibility and superspeed.

If you don't see this movie, you're missing out!

By the way, my brother and I are 39. Wow, it seems we sure have a lot of gamers who are adults.

I saw it this afternoon with almost our entire Champions gang. Absolutely freakin' wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and the rest of our group's reactions were just as favorable. From the James Bond-like musical score to the classic supervillain HQ, nifty mooks with high tech weapons, a powerful and twisted villain, and well done superheroic schticks throughout, it was truly a work of virtual genius. Whoever wrote this really understands the genre; and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some superheroic role players in there too.

SEE. THIS. FILM. :thumbup: