The Incredibles

Corven_Ren

Re: The Incredibles

So' date=' who else took one look at the archvillain, and guessed what would happen to him in the end?[/quote']

*raises hand*

I nudged my friend Nestor and said "Look, he's got a cape..." indicating that after Edna's speech, I knew it was going to bite him in the end.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it.

Absolutely amazing. Better than most of the live action movies I've ever seen. Top tier superhero movie.

I'd go on about the details of why I love The Incredibles, but I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. Normally, spoilers don't bother me, but trust me, it'll be even better if you don't know what happens going in.

So, who else took one look at the archvillain, and guessed what would happen to him in the end?

Both the wife and I knew it'd happen as well ... I loved the fact that you could even guess that the kid would grow-up to be Sindrome ;)

Yeah, I did that too.

SOme of the animation was so well done it almost looked like models! Some scenes with vehicles on the road in particular.

Made me think of the old Thunderbirds shows. ;) In a GOOD way.

*raises hand*

I nudged my friend Nestor and said "Look, he's got a cape..." indicating that after Edna's speech, I knew it was going to bite him in the end.

Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl would be very easy to do with 350 points. I'd probably do Dash and Violet with about 200. (Violet is at most a SPD 3)

I dunno; I think SPD goes a long way to showing why supers succeed against normals, including agents. Note that Violet manages not to get shot by the agent even when his spray should hit her (scene in the jungle, where she dives into the creek) and also note that she gets in her dodges (presumably aborts) against the Omnidroid. I suspect the Omnidroid's big "weakness" against supers is that it definitely isn't more than SPD 3 or 4. I'm thinking the Omnidroid is a 3, the agents are 2-3 (probably 2), and Violet is a 4. I'd put mom and dad around 5 or 6 (probably 5 each, though possibly 5 for Mr. Incredible and actually 6 for Elasti-girl, she seems just a tad quicker throughout the combat scenes) and Dash around 6, 7, or 8, not sure as I'd have to think about it, his reflexes are obviously a driving force even aside from his literal speed, but I'm not quite sure yet how he translates into the SPD chart, as he is a kid and misses opportunities and not sure how fast he thinks.

BTW, I just noticed finally that the son echoes the dad's "uh-oh."