Street Fighter II HERO

Susano

Re: Street Fighter II HERO

Humm...I was wondering if you know any good Hero Play-By-EMail "Street Fighter" games being runed? I might be intrested creating a charater for it (Prehaps a rich french man who is an expert in Savat' date=' and is infacuated with Karin? As for myself, I love Karin's hairstyle. A great question which is open to the entier house: Do you think Sausage Curls are so rair as to warent a Distinctive Feature in the modern world?)[/quote']

I ran one awhile back it, but it sort of fell threw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temptation to start a Capcom Fighters (or perhaps just Fighting Legends) HERO ... rising ...

Given the myriad fighting games out there, there could be a LOT of stuff to do (and steal from) ... though it risks becoming 'it's a Champions game but everybody must have Martial Arts'. On the other hand, is that a bad thing? It provides a possible 'hook' for getting the PCs together, and still adds theme. If Darkstalkers is included, there's a variety of regular Champions characters who could easily be tweaked (Fenris, for example), and guys like Shadowdragon and ... uh ... that one guy with the two swords who shows up in the sidebar art every now and again (Shushogin? Something like that). Heck, Seeker could make a resurgence along with Jaguar!

I know, I'm rambling ...

Rules stuff I'm pondering now:

1. Designating some powers as 'rare' (aka Only One In The PC Team). For example, teleport. I think there are only four characters in SF/DS who can teleport (Dhalsim, Bison, Dmitri, Pyron), and two of those are main-bosses, so that'd be a 'one-per'. Other possible one-pers would include Desolidification and Psychic Powers (only one PC can have any true psychic powers, instead of 'one mind control, one Mental Illusion). I think Rose (Alpha Series), Bison, and Donovan (DS) are the only characters in SF/DS with 'true' Psychic Powers.

2. All* Energy Blasts and RKAs must be purchased with Gestures, Incantations, and Can Be Blocked (-1/2). The G&I is just genre-feeding, and 'can be blocked' means I don't have to declare that everybody must buy Missile Deflection.

*All meaning '99 percent of'. There are some unblockable attacks in the games.

3. Normal Characteristic Maxima is available but not required. Extra DCs on Martial Arts *not* allowed. If you want more damage, spend points on a Special Technique. Combat Luck limited to one level. No firearms for PCs (though villains like B.B.Hood may have them). American names for NPCS (it's B.B.Hood not Bulleta, Akuma not Gouki).

4. Everybody with Martial Arts gets DF: Style, logically, with the possible exception of SFA3's Gen (who has two styles and can switch between them).

5. Choosing Sides: Deciding which characters are bad guys besides the main bosses (Balrog, Vega, Sagat, Bison, Huitzil and Pyron).

6. Accenting the 'World Warrior' angle by requesting that PCs all come from different countries (perhaps with random die rolling to see who gets first pick, since I know one guy who will have an aneurysm if he doesn't get to be from Japan). Maybe allow two from America (population) and Japan (genre).

7. Actual question: How much of a percentage of points should I request/require/recommend be spent on noncombat skills? While the game is based, loosely, around a game where character development is minimal and everything is combat, I don't want every game to just be a beat-em-up (though I may, for dramatic effect, intone 'ROUND ONE ... FIGHT!' now and again).

8. Opinion Poll: I should get Ultimate Martial Artist for this, shouldn't I?

Thoughts/Experiences?

Temptation to start a Capcom Fighters (or perhaps just Fighting Legends) HERO ... rising ...

8. Opinion Poll: I should get Ultimate Martial Artist for this, shouldn't I?

Thoughts/Experiences?

IMO? You should get NINJA HERO.

*smirk*

Gee, wonder why you recommended it then. :)

Just kidding. If it reads anything like your website, I DEFINITELY need to get my hands on it! And hmmmm, I just got my federal income tax return ...

Now if only I didn't have to drive 90 miles to find a store that stocks Hero Games stuff.

*smirk*

Gee, wonder why you recommended it then. :)

Just kidding. If it reads anything like your website, I DEFINITELY need to get my hands on it!

If you have seen the HERO System Genre by Genre document, then you have seen how I break down martial arts in NINJA HERO: Real Word, Cinematic (i.e. Hollywood), Wuxia (i.e. Hong Kong), Video Game, and Anime martial arts. I also have a huge list of powers and abilites drawn from such sources, as well as a stack of sample NPCs. And true to Street Fighter II, the Video Game hero character practices Shotokan Karate.

:nya: