Eberron Hero

AlHazred

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Eberron Hero

Try playing a House member. I've got this human Inquistive-like fellow from House Thrashk (Rune of Finding,) named Task D'Thrashk--you can borrow him.

Or... try a shapechanged dragon from the Argonassen--they have their interests in the Prophesy, and you can use that to shape your character's viewpoint.

Two questions about Warforged:

1. Does anyone ever feel the need to build new ones, for whatever purpose? Also, do warforged themselves, if they gain the relevant skills, have the ability to create more of their kind?

2. If a particular Warforged were to develop a sincere hatred of other sentients, would he be able to get other warforged onto his bandwagon, or would most of his kind reject him?

Two questions about Warforged:

1. Does anyone ever feel the need to build new ones, for whatever purpose? Also, do warforged themselves, if they gain the relevant skills, have the ability to create more of their kind?

2. If a particular Warforged were to develop a sincere hatred of other sentients, would he be able to get other warforged onto his bandwagon, or would most of his kind reject him?

1. By the treaty of Thronehold, all the House Cannith creation forges (which made the warforged) were shut down and no new Warforged can be legally created; however, it's canonical that Merrix d'Cannith, the guy who really got the whole thing started, operates at least one illegal forge in secret. Making Warforged requires a creation forge, which is a not-completely-understood device put together from information gleaned from the long-dead giant culture on the continent of Xen'drik

2. A 'renegade' Warforged who has dubbed himself the Lord of Blades has started a 'flesh-hating' cult already. He only attracts a fringe of 'Forged, of course, but that's still enough to scare a lot of people and put some anti-'Forged bigotry on the worldface.

Here's a couple of articles from the Wizards website by Eberron's creator, Keith Baker:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050711a

Re: Race: Warforged

Well' date=' there's not a real 'crit' mechanic in HERO, other than a couple of suggestions in TUMA (as far as I know). I generally consider that a 'critical hit' means you got it in a x4 or x5 hit location. Given the way Warforged operate, I've been considering allowing some GM fiat on using some Automaton powers for them without requiring them to be Automata (like No Hit Locations).[/quote']

I considered it, but No Hit Locations is really, really powerful for PCs. Without Hit Locations modifying STUN and BODY, the PC will typically take a lot more damage before dropping unconscious. Besides which, I decided, based on the fiction, that Warforged are just as affected by head shots and vitals shots as everybody else. Warforged are really tough, sure, but they're still living constructs, as indicated by their vulnerability to criticals. So I decided that Improved Fortification makes it harder to hit them in a vulnerable spot. In Hero, I usually model that as Lack of Weakness.

Re: Race: Warforged

I considered it' date=' but No Hit Locations is really, really powerful for PCs. Without Hit Locations modifying STUN and BODY, the PC will typically take a lot more damage before dropping unconscious. Besides which, I decided, based on the fiction, that Warforged are just as affected by head shots and vitals shots as everybody else. Warforged are really tough, sure, but they're still [i']living [/i]constructs, as indicated by their vulnerability to criticals. So I decided that Improved Fortification makes it harder to hit them in a vulnerable spot. In Hero, I usually model that as Lack of Weakness.

I'm not sure it's quite so powerful, myself (it just means you go from Hit Location Chart to a Stun Lotto ... which is a mixed blessing), but I can't come up with a convincing argument against your viewpoint. I'm doing a looser translation anyway, so it's not that huge of a deal. :)

Also' date=' there is speculation that the Lord of Blades operates a lost Forge in Deadlands.[/quote']

The Mournlands. In any case, there's been some strange new warforged in his ranks that are... odd, to say the least. No one knows for sure where they came from, but all agree that the Forge involved must be broken or corruped.

Take that as you will. :D

NEW EBERRON HERO GAME STARTED AT HERO CENTRAL

I'm playing a Sorcerer anmed Jon Shannow (lame, I know) that wors as an amateur sleuth in Dura. A Shifter friend from the Last War returned to Dura and helps Jon solve crimes and mysteries in the lower portions of Sharn for the beatten and down-trodden.

Jon has a Aberrant Dragon Mark and some trouble with the local criminal organizations. He's also a member of the Guild of Starlight and Shadow.

Game just started today if you're interested in looking. Magic system is Vancian straight off of Killer Shrike's website.

Game is called Sharn: City of Towers

NEW EBERRON HERO GAME STARTED AT HERO CENTRAL

I'm playing a Sorcerer anmed Jon Shannow (lame, I know) that wors as an amateur sleuth in Dura. A Shifter friend from the Last War returned to Dura and helps Jon solve crimes and mysteries in the lower portions of Sharn for the beatten and down-trodden.

Jon has a Aberrant Dragon Mark and some trouble with the local criminal organizations. He's also a member of the Guild of Starlight and Shadow.

Game just started today if you're interested in looking. Magic system is Vancian straight off of Killer Shrike's website.

Game is called Sharn: City of Towers

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

Pardon me, temptation is about to kick my door in.

Edit:

Never mind, it looks like Hero Central is incompatible with my computer or somethin'. It's blank and stays blank.

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

Pardon me, temptation is about to kick my door in.

Edit:

Never mind, it looks like Hero Central is incompatible with my computer or somethin'. It's blank and stays blank.

Heh. I didn't mean to 'advertise' it as an open game, just let you know what we were trying. We're doing both play-by-post and chat. Last night was our first chat and we had a ball.

As for Hero Central, you need to use Firefox.

If someone wants to post an HTML version, that would be cool.

Heh. I didn't mean to 'advertise' it as an open game, just let you know what we were trying. We're doing both play-by-post and chat. Last night was our first chat and we had a ball.

As for Hero Central, you need to use Firefox.

If someone wants to post an HTML version, that would be cool.

It's cool, I was mostly interested in looking to see how it panned out than playing ... time is a resource I seem short on most days. :)

It's cool' date=' I was mostly interested in looking to see how it panned out than playing ... time is a resource I seem short on most days. :)[/quote']

Is it worth a [CAMPAIGN LOG] type thread of its own? Or, would you like to see something in this thread? I'm thinking this should stay a resource and the campaign specifics of our game in its own?

I agree...If you want to start a campaign log, Sav, I dont mind.

I have a copy of Races of Eberron coming in the mail, and would like to convert the feats therein to here if I am able.

My next purchase will be Dragonmarked. I flipped through it at my FLGS. It looks very good. Nice PrCs. Expandable Aberrant D'marks....

The truth behind the wars...

I agree...If you want to start a campaign log, Sav, I dont mind.

I have a copy of Races of Eberron coming in the mail, and would like to convert the feats therein to here if I am able.

My next purchase will be Dragonmarked. I flipped through it at my FLGS. It looks very good. Nice PrCs. Expandable Aberrant D'marks....

The truth behind the wars...

D'Marked is, indeed, a sweet book.

• 4 weeks later...

In our game at Hero Central, I'm playing the sorcerer/sleuth Jon Shannow. As previously mentioned, we're using KS's site and particularly, Vancian Magic. In a recent encounter, our characters (Jon and Onase) met up with a couple Shifter assassins in one of the many tunnels of the Cogs (Blackbones to be precise).

The Shifters were quicker than us, close in ability (higher Dex, same speed). The way all the spells are crafted (extra time) made it pretty much impossible for Shannow to cast any spells. He needed to actively block incoming swordstrokes, or risk incapacitation (little rDEF as a spell caster).

So, what needs to change?

The Shifters were quicker than us, close in ability (higher Dex, same speed). The way all the spells are crafted (extra time) made it pretty much impossible for Shannow to cast any spells. He needed to actively block incoming swordstrokes, or risk incapacitation (little rDEF as a spell caster).

Have you implemented the 'Five foot step' as a free action if you do not use any ohter movement in that Phase?

'Cadting on th edefensive' should give you some extra DCV against melee.

In our game at Hero Central, I'm playing the sorcerer/sleuth Jon Shannow. As previously mentioned, we're using KS's site and particularly, Vancian Magic. In a recent encounter, our characters (Jon and Onase) met up with a couple Shifter assassins in one of the many tunnels of the Cogs (Blackbones to be precise).

Depends on how you want him to develop.

If you want him to be more combat capable, buy some levels, perhaps specifically in "dodge" or combat luck.

If you want to be able to "grit your teeth and bear it" by some extra CON, with "No figured CHA" and perhaps with "requires an EGO roll" to enable to to take the hit and not lose his spell.

You could buy some armour :D

Or if you want to avoid developing more combat abilities, try to ensure there is someone between you and them when you need to cast spells - even if that means "Wow! I almost got killed! I need to hire a bodyguard!"

cheers, Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Jon's a verteran - so it seems reasonable to buy up DCV. You could even say that he's trained to actively dodge while casting (unlike most sorcerors) and lower the cost to reflex that the protection is only valid during casting - sorta like Drunken Master Somantics.

Many of the new classes break the classic mage mold of "no armor, no decent weapons and few HP", Jon could incorporate a few more of those ideas besides just using a rapier.

If Mastermind was cool with it, his battle experience could also be reflected by Combat Luck, as mentioned before.

Beef him up or make him harder to hit. Onase sucks as being the meat shield. ;)

• 3 weeks later...