Eberron Hero

AlHazred

Re: Eberron Hero

As a note, as a big Eberron fan, I really dig this thread. Thanks to all who've created it, and those who performed the Threadcromancy so I can see it.

FWIW, every saturday at the gaming store my wife runs a d20 Eberron based Age of Worms [from dungeon magazine] campaign. We just got to level 19, we're going to be entering the Tabernacle of Worms to fight Dragotha, the first dracolich in hopes that we can stop the Worm God Kyuss from returning. Which is a fool's errand, since we seem to be bringing about the prophecy rather than stopping it.

I'm a Shifter (Dreamsight) Druid (gatekeeper)-9/Moonspeaker-10, if it matters. My job is to hold back the darkness from beyond, so this is the mission for me.

D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may or may not interest some of you here, but I wrote an Eberron novel that I posted on-line. Wergild

It was written on spec, and sent to WotC, with no response, when they had an open call for fantasy novels.

It's a complete 85,000 word novel, broken into individual chapters on the site linked above, and deals with farily low-level characters.

My gaming group didn't dig Eberron so much as a campaign setting, and we have moved since through D20 Star Wars, Serenity, 7th Sea (still partially active), and are currently playing a FH Turakian Age game.

I very much liked the Eberron setting, and thought it had some great potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know if Eberron is still going to be supported or even discussed now that D&D 4e is out and now that the MMORPG has essentially died out? Or is the setting going to be re-released with changes to reflect the new rules?

Expiring minds want to know!

There is a 4e Eberron campaign guide coming out next year, as well as a player guide ... but with their current plans, that sounds like the bulk of support beyond Dragon articles.

This is very cool stuff and I am enjoying reading it all.

I would just add one thing for consideration, not as a critisism, just as a thought.

My view of Adamantine is that is is NND(magic or adamantine). That is, it just slides through most defenses. Alternately it is the only naturally occuring thing in the world where things made out of it have special traits; armor made out of it is automatically hardened and weapons made out of it are automatically armor piercing. Either way, the warforged Adamantine Body trait wouldn't need the extra limitation regarding adamantine attacks as adamantine itself carries the countermeasures.

Does that sound reasonable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As an aside, although WotC is releasing the Eberron 4E book in June and a player's guide and adventure in July, I've heard they aren't planning on providing as much support as they have in the past. Also, having played (and playtested) 4E, I can tell you they nerfed the Eberron stuff, a lot. While I have a warforged character who's fun to play, he doesn't feel the same at all.

Given the number of people who have expressed an active disinterest in 4E, it might be possible to gather some converts to Eberron 5ER.

• 2 weeks later...

Having been going through the posts here and was amazed by the work done here by all- I have come to the conclusion that for the story idea that I have been working on for awhile now in the Eberron setting, I would use Hero to stat out my characters but I would not use any sort of strict translation, more of a "flavor" translation of characters.

The Idea that I have been working on is loosely called "Companions of the Rose" and is a Eberron supers campaign in most respects. The main plot character is The Brelish Rose, a magically-altered superhuman that is a Captain America-esque patriot.

She is also secretly Marianna ir' Wynarn, one of the daughters of King Boranel of Breland. She was captured by a secretive group called the Cabinet of Brlenad that believe that Boranel betrayed his people by ending the Last War before Breland had won. Seeking to create a new leader for Breland, one that was powerful and controllable, the Cabinet kidnapped Marianna and were using magic to change her into their puppet when she broke free of her bonds and, in a berserk fury, killed all the Cabinet members that were present. She is now sought by the Cabinet to complete her indoctrination or be destroyed while she simultaneously must kearn to control her new abilities and keep her transformation secret from the people of Breland.

The companions are her fellow adventurers, a combination force of trainers for the Rose and also protectors as she learns the skills and gains the experience she will one day need to become the next leader of Breland, as her father has decided that her transformation has turned her into the leader that he feels Breland needs, since none of his other children are up to the task of leadership. He has secretly sponsored the group to both make the world of Eberron a safer place and also to insure the safety of his daughter (and Heir) until she is ready to take the throne herself.

The first three Companions are all old friends- Meriador Turen, a gnome adventurer and former advernturing companion of Boranel's from his younger days; Kaern d'Deneith, an heir of house Deneith and former love of Marianna who was forced to leave Breland by Boranel as he did not approve of his daughter and the Dragonmarked heir being in love; and Danir d'Cannith, the last member of a dead Cyran branch of House Cannith who had been working for Breland as a sige engineer during the Last War and was therefore away from home on the Day of Mourning. These three are the only Companions that are aware that Brelish Rose is Marinanna ir'Wynarn- the others know she is more than human but not her true identity, which has been masked through magical means.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...