Favorite Television Characters

jackalope

Re: Favorite Television Characters

I wonder how one could create the Doctor from "Doctor Who" as a Champions character... he's on life 8 at the moment of 13 (he can regenerate 12 times' date=' remember, although he'll be on life 9 in fall 2005 when the series comes back on the air)...[/quote']

I'll let someone more familliar with the series handle his skills, but here's the regeneration:

Regeneration:
Healing 20 BODY, Resurrection, Persistent (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); 12 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/4), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Completely Transforms Appearance & Personality; -2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)
Cost: 59

Man, healing is way over priced. There's no reason restoring to full health should be so crazy expensive.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let someone more familliar with the series handle his skills, but here's the regeneration:

Regeneration:
Healing 20 BODY, Resurrection, Persistent (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); 12 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/4), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Completely Transforms Appearance & Personality; -2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)
Cost: 59

Man, healing is way over priced. There's no reason restoring to full health should be so crazy expensive.

Yeah, that looks about right... he never just bampfs back at full health, there's always that period of disorientation...

Other expensive powers would include sensitivity to crossing time fields, knowing that somehow history has been changed, intense meditational abilities (wandering the astral plane as well)...

Then there are all those weird skills he's picked up over the years... fencing, first aid, numerous cultural, scientific, and area knowledges, swimming, Venusian Aikido, piloting the TARDIS (in theory at least)...

And can you imagine what buying the TARDIS costs?!

Cheers,

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Visit my thread...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24273

Mean Old Man

(snip)

Wonderful, great choice/response!

Cost Power END
7 "I'm Crushing Your Head!": Major Transform 1 point (Living Person to Dead Person, Ressurection, Zombification), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2); Gradual Effect (1 Year; -2 3/4), Gestures (-1/4) 0
7 +7 OCV with "I'm Crushing Your Head"
25 +5 SPD; Only For Using "I'm Crushing Your Head!" (-1)
Powers Cost: 39

(snip)

That's a funny build, nice construction.

Veyr interesting quote. Is it DBZ canon or from a fanfic?

Right now it's a fanfic, but I am working on a novel (yes, novel, like 408+ pages novel) that I am going to try and pitch to Viz Entertainment and Toriyama to buy.

For more info, please contact your nearest retailer and ask for it. :D

Cheers,

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

There were a few episodes with Magnum having some kind of second sight, and iirc a possible reincarnation from his great grandfather...

I'm probably dating myself with this one' date=' but I'd kinda like to see some write-ups of the characters from Magnum, P.I. Wish I remembered more of the details of the show, but (much like Firefly and Buffy) the main characters were virtually a set of PCs. No elements of the fantastic in the show to speak of, but it was a pretty entertaining show nevertheless.[/quote']

There were a few episodes with Magnum having some kind of second sight' date=' and iirc a possible reincarnation from his great grandfather...[/quote']

And isn't there some sort of idea that the entire series was some sort of near-death experience while he was in Vietnam?

And isn't there some sort of idea that the entire series was some sort of near-death experience while he was in Vietnam?

I don't think so. He had a near-death experience on one of his cases, and he encountered some friends and enemies he had made in Vietnam. But he did have a daughter from a brief relationship and ended up with her at the series finale. I don't recall him having the second sight or being a reincarnation of his great-grandfather.

The real question, of course, is whether Higgins and Robin Masters are really the same person.

I don't recall him having the second sight

It's what he called "the little voice in the back of my mind." In a number of shows, it almost seems to be a supernatural power akin to Danger Sense.

The real question, of course, is whether Higgins and Robin Masters are really the same person.

I believe the writer made mention in an interview that he was, but I can't find the reference.

Wasn't there an episode where he "saw" the death of a friend who was in Scotland or Ireland at the time?

Maybe he just had visions of the previous Thomas Magnum who had a relationship with a Hawaiian Princess.... It has been a long time.

DAMNIT I wish they would do a Magnum revisited!!!!

I don't think so. He had a near-death experience on one of his cases, and he encountered some friends and enemies he had made in Vietnam. But he did have a daughter from a brief relationship and ended up with her at the series finale. I don't recall him having the second sight or being a reincarnation of his great-grandfather.

I must have missed those episodes or forgotten them. I enjoyed the show when it was in reruns, but I wasn't a die-hard fan. The Higgins = Masters theory was put out by Magnum. Higgins always denied it. On the last episode, when Magnum said he was going to leave, Higgins said he was Robin Masters, then he claimed he was lying during Rick's wedding.

As for the little voice, that could just be Magnum's intuition, aka his gut feeling, which he had long since learned to trust.

The real question' date=' of course, is whether Higgins and Robin Masters are really the same person.[/quote']

I think they did try to pull this one in the last season of the show (possibly the show's finale). But didn't Magnum and Robin Masters serve together in Vietnam -- or am I completely misremembering? I thought that was why Robin was letting Magnum stay at his house in Hawaii: they were old war buddies. And you did hear Robin's voice periodically on the speaker phone as well. If Magnum and Robin served together in Vietnam, then Higgins couldn't possibly be Robin Masters.

Robin Masters hired Magnum to be security. I don't think they ever went into detail on why; the reason I think this is I remember seeing some fanfic about it, and I'd think if there was a canonical reason, fans would stay clear. (Or am I deluding myself?)

Anyway, now I want to see Magnum statted out. I wonder if he's in the GNBoRH?