Jane's Superhumans

tinman

Re: Jane's Superhumans

I would also like to apologize for my unintentional presumption--I saw posts with character descriptions from several people' date=' and came to the conclusion that this was, at least in part, a thread for people to show what they thought their character's entry would look like. I didn't realize that posting that would be received as a request for the .pdf treatment.[/quote']Actually it's a bit of both. Publius did that pic of Zl'f for me last year, and then fiddled around with what he knew of her to create the first couple of "Jane's" entries. He's been just fabulous; and I can't begin to give him as much rep as he deserves for this work (Even though he modestly calls it "playing around.")

But I'm also really enjoying seeing other player's characters as they post writeups. I'm proud of my character, and I assume most other players are equally proud of theirs.

I would also like to apologize for my unintentional presumption
No worries' date=' I did not consider it presumption at all. In fact, I did yours for an entirely practical purpose: to see how long one would take me to do without having to supply the artwork et al. Not really that bad in fact, it only took me a few minutes (plus a little for the extra text), although if I get a ton of them it might be a bit more difficult to keep up (I'll have 5 classes next semester at two different institutions plus [b']perhaps[/b] my regional magazine if I don't close it down for a lack of advertising support, ack!).

I'm very glad that people are happy with the end results. I think that there are a few more tweaks that need to be made to the basic structure, but overall, I think that this project is at a pretty good stage.

Well, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for reassuring me.

Maybe this was covered earlier and I've just forgotten it, but what were you planning on doing with these guidebook pages once you've got a bunch? Was it going to be a sourcebook for a specific campaign world, or a more general resource? Something else?

I could see a book like this (even as an e-book) being VERY helpful in orienting players to a campaign world.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, I really liked that last drawing of Sihouette.

Zeropoint

I kinda got the impression Publius was considering doing a real book of characters like this based on the official CU characters. Kind of a "what KS: Supers 12-" would give you. The tactical section would list best ways to combat the hero or villain in question, as well as list known or obvious weaknesses.

I think that would be a great addition to the official Hero Games lineup myself, even if it's only released an an e-book.

• 3 weeks later...