Robot Warriors conversion to 5th Ed?

Space Cadet

There was one a couple of years back about converting Robot Warriors to 4th Ed, but I haven't seen it for a while, and I haven't seen anything more recent than that either.

However, I will say that The Ultimate Vehicle has a really good section on Mecha (the chapter title is "And I'll Form the Head :D). I highly recommend this book.

Actually, when I first got TUV, I decided to convert a couple of the mecha from Robot Warriors to 5th Ed. The poor systems-light 'bots in RW wouldn't stand a chance against the samples in TUV....

Originally posted by Captain Obvious

There was one a couple of years back about converting Robot Warriors to 4th Ed, but I haven't seen it for a while, and I haven't seen anything more recent than that either.

If you do a Google search with "Robot Warriors" in quotes, you'll find it.

Actually, when I first got TUV, I decided to convert a couple of the mecha from Robot Warriors to 5th Ed. The poor systems-light 'bots in RW wouldn't stand a chance against the samples in TUV....

The "problem" I ran into when converting RW mecha was that the weapons were all in the 150-200 active point range. You can easily end up with 1000 point mecha.

Originally posted by archer

The "problem" I ran into when converting RW mecha was that the weapons were all in the 150-200 active point range. You can easily end up with 1000 point mecha.

Which is as it should be, considering how much firepower mecha tend to wield.

Your average Superhero (Marvel standard, not D.C. standard) should stand no chance going toe-to-toe with mecha from most Anime series.

Originally posted by archer

Really? I only converted the first two in the book (the Defender and the Mantis, I think). Their weapons didn't seem to be so expensive, even with added range levels and such to account for ground scale. Maybe I came to the same conclusion as you, but it just didn't register so clearly...

Thanks for the link by the way. ;)