Superhero Showdown

Monolith

Guest Keneton

We should all be ashamed of ourselves. Were being beat up by a bunch of dudes that played games without dice!

We are getting waxed! Their game sytem is JUNK!

How can any of us call ourselves Hero Feaks and allow this to happen. Show some pride!!

I know that if Keneton were vengeful, he'd go take on those superchumps. Problem is, he's not!

:(

I noticed that while most of the opinions expressed on the Showdown board seemed to support Kinetik, there were far fewer of them than for the previous matches. It may be that Kinetik was a victim of voter apathy - too many people just assumed he would win, so not enough of his supporters got out to vote. There's a lesson in democracy for ya! (I did vote for Kinetik, BTW.)

Of course, it could just be that the "silent majority" sided with Slipstream. Secret ballots have a way of surprising you.:rolleyes:

rats

Well, we do have excuses.

I mean, the darn boards situation took many hero gamer's minds off it? :)

I voted for Kinetik myself (And loved your story, Ben), though I never got an automated response. *Gets paranoid*

Oh well, let's suck it up, and be mature about this. Noble in the face of defeat etc.

"Dignity, always Dignity"-Singing in the Rain

If it makes ya feel better, Ben...

... I voted for Kinetik...

I'm wondering though, do you guys give each other examples of character dialog to include in the stories? Sometimes, it seems like statements are a little disjointed, like maybe the whole thing was edited for space and the dialog is half referring to something we haven't seen.

Which brings up one more question...

Are we going to see a final "full" version of the whole thing (slightly polished) when all is said and done? I think it would be cool to see the whole thing compiled into one tale, culminating in a "Let's join forces against the villains who brought us here..." kind of thing...

Inquiring minds and all that,

Charlie

The New Fight

Well, then, let's move on to the current fight: Witchcraft vs Mother Raven. Opinions?

My opinion: As usual, the Sentinel character is considerably more powerful (which has lopsided the entire contest, IMHO). However, the poncho look doesn't work for me. If only to try and give the Champions a couple more wins before the whole shebang is over, I'm voting for Witchcraft.

While it is clearly not what the showdown is about, I think there are many voters who can't get past the disparate power levels of these two teams. The Guard has far more power and experience it seems.

Nighthawk and Caliburn were the most evenly matched, so Nighthawk had the greatest chance of victory for the Champions.

I can't explain the Kinetik loss, except maybe voters didn't accept that he was part of the Champions.

For myself, I still can't get past the Blue Falcon and Dorothy of Kansas images of Nighthawk and Ironclad. :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, Witchcraft vs Mother Raven.

Quite a shame, with all these boards going down. I missed the Kinetic match, and now I would like to go back to help him, because I'm pulled towards SAS for the tird time (after Red Phoenix and the other, patriotic hero).

I mean, that's too much. While Witchcraft feels somewhat like an add-on mage (even the costume, or the name), Mother Raven is striking by her rich imagery and flavour.

This is in no way a critic of HERO, the best system by a long shot. Justice must be done to the more interesting concept, and that transcend games stats.

Mother Raven, says He.

(edited to correct blatant ortograf)

I think one of the problems is that there seemed to be an obvious effort to make the Champions be a "standard" representation of each archetype. They come off forced and "vanilla." I have no intention of ever using them in my campaigns.

But I still think Kinetic should have won. The "brilliant" tactic of fooling the other guy to run over a cliff was just lame and unbelievable.

It just shows that the number of people who post on the message boards are no indication of who is voting.

What disturbs me the most is the rise of people who are very vocal now about being willing to cast prejudicial votes and seek to corrupt the process, simply because the latest vote didn't go the way they wanted to.

Did I see this coming? Oh yes. I knew it would eventually happen. There is too much pride in the Hero Fandom for such a contest to exist without that sort of behaviour coming into play. And that's a pretty sad statement to make. Because it doesn't reflect very well on one of the oldest and most dedicated fan-bases in the whole hobby.

That sort of behaviour taints us all.

Originally posted by Shiva13

What disturbs me the most is the rise of people who are very vocal now about being willing to cast prejudicial votes and seek to corrupt the process, simply because the latest vote didn't go the way they wanted to.

Just relax. HERO System players are as fair as anyone else. I am about as loyal a HERO System player as you will find, and I voted for Mother Raven this time around. My votes are based on whichever story I like better. I do not base my votes on the character's power level, or popularity, or who is a better clone of whom. It all just comes down to pure writing ability. And if I might add, there have been far more Hero players stating that they were voting for SAS characters on the Showdown boards then there have been the other way around.

opinion

We should bring out our heavy hitters.

We should place actual PCS from one system vs another

with one rule, you need to show docs on the creation date,background,etc.

We will surely win then.

pull your high level pcs out you know the ones that have been around twice as long as the other system has existed!