Gold Digger Hero?

Enforcer84

Blame Susano and Logan Darklighter.

Its because of a link from Susano's site to Logan's site that got me reading the series.

Definately an Anime Martial Arts Campaign. Out right superheroes (some even have costumes!) This comic sometimes seems like an RPG campaign to me, there are always new character popping up, each with a large backstory and it goes in various directions at once.

I know Logan wrote up Gina, Brianna, and Britanny Diggers, any one tried any of the others? If not I'll give it a try and post them, but be warned, I will overpower them...

Well, how about that? I'm glad to have introduced you to Gold Digger! Remember, though, only the first hit's free, heh, heh, heh... :D

The write-ups for Gina, Brittany and Brianna archived on Susano's site are now hopelessly out of date in terms of character backstory and disads. Most of the stats and powers still hold up, I think. Brianna is probably the one that sticks out the most as having changed in terms of abilities. The write-up was done at a time during the black and white series when it seemed she was sticking to a single power-suit design as her main specialty. I should have known that Fred Perry wouldn't leave it there. :rolleyes:

She now has gone through so many battlesuit designs it's impossible to keep up. I think Fred just likes designing new stuff for Brianna to use. She goes through battelsuits like most people go through clothes! There's also the continuing hints that he's giving out that she has magical capabilities. Latest issue has her firing her guns after she forgot to charge them up. It's a case of "she expected them to work, so they did". I am not sure how you'd write all that up.

I'd love to see some of the other regular characters written up. Ryan Tabbot comes ot mind as a problematical one. How do you gamestat his "photographic reflexes"? Other's like Seance and the sister's Father Theodore Diggers, are easier. Almost standard superhero mage types there. We've gotten a lot of hints as to the extent of S'trype's powers, due to the artifacts within his body, but not enough that I'd feel confident writing him up. Fred's saving him up for a rainy day, I think. In terms of letting us know what exactly he can do.

And yes, it definitely feels like a "campaign universe" at times. One of the reasons I love it so. The writing also is sharp as a tack and he keeps scrupulous continuity. He'll lay down hints of stuff to come as much as 12 issues in advance. Maybe even more. And it all hangs together.

Anyway. I encourage you to do your write-ups! It'll be fun to comment on them!

Brianna scares me. In the most recent issue, she blasted a monster with no bullets in her guns...Not to mention her "pets".

I wish I had more information on Gar, Strype and the rest. The first writup I might try is Luan. She's figured fairly prominantly lately and is a fairly straight forward Martial Artist.

Gold Digger is based on a Champions Game

I've been lurking this board for months now and this causes me to actually generate a login.

I love Gold Digger, people have actually refrenced to this book to explain my GMing style.

To my knowledge (from a friend who spoke with Fred Perry about this actual subject) this book actually originates from a Champions game Fred was in. Granted it's second hand, but the way the book reads I beleive it.:D

Ryan's 'photographic reflexes' can be written by using either a) a low-level universal power pool for martial arts, or B) simply buying all the martial arts with 'Fully Variable F/X' -- if there's a way for something to be done without mystic powers or technological gizmos, he can do it if he sees it.

For obvious reasons, I'd also give him a decent SPD.

Brianna's 'it shot 'cause she expected it to' can be figured as a 'psychic END pool' sort of thing. Instead of firing REAL bullets, they fire psychic bolts. She should have something like a technological VPP anyhow, with a 'total charges' limitation. She then might buy some sort of 'boost' to the total charges, perhaps a mystic-based NCC Aid to it.