Okay, I'm spacin'...

Vanguard00

...but does 'Genocide' exist in the current CU? I don't remember seeing a specific in-book reference (as opposed to countless references used by people here), but I'm thinkin' I might've missed something. If so, could someone point it out? If not, anyone know if there are plans for it?

Forgive my lapse. I blame the drugs. :doi:

Re: Okay, I'm spacin'...

It's mentioned in Champions Universe but it goes by the name Institute for Human Advancement. It's a KKK-like political lobbying organization. Genocide is a secret program within IHA.

I remember checkin' there and it didn't mention Genocide by name. I know the IHA is probably the precusor/progenitor of Genocide, but they don't exist yet as an organization yet...

..or do they?

Currently nothing has the name Genocide; and I wouldn't expect to see the same--the mutant haters want to attract undecided normals to their side..using that name wont help. I can see the shadowy militant faction taking a name like Humans First! or something-but I wouldnt expect them to ever act openly, as it would create more sympathy for the mutants.

The IHA needs to get ahold of a Mechanon copy and just slightly alter a few directives. :)

I see the name Genocide being nothing more than a project name within the IHA. Something like Project Open-Eye is responsible for the media blitz keeping people on edge about the mutant "problem." Project Patriot is responsible for dealing with the government and working to get more pro IHA people elected to public offices around the country. Project Purity is the medical branch looking for ways to reverse/end mutation. And finally Project Genocide is the military branch which uses the Minutemen and agents to capture/kill mutants.

I see the name Genocide being nothing more than a project name within the IHA. Something like Project Open-Eye is responsible for the media blitz keeping people on edge about the mutant "problem." Project Patriot is responsible for dealing with the government and working to get more pro IHA people elected to public offices around the country. Project Purity is the medical branch looking for ways to reverse/end mutation. And finally Project Genocide is the military branch which uses the Minutemen and agents to capture/kill mutants.

I was simply trying to ensure myself that I wouldn't be stepping on any canon toes by developing my own scenario with IHA. Knowing that there isn't a 'Genocide' in the CU (at least not yet) helps me out in regards to a game I'm running.

And thanks for the project names. I'll most likely be usin' those.