Anyone else awaiting this?

levi

Re: Anyone else awaiting this?

I watched the trailer and I have to say that I think it looks interesting....

I think that Marvel has finally gotten the idea of how to make a comic book adaptation. They have yet to bring out the third X-Men movie (all of the cast signed on for three)

I only wish that DC would stop screwing around and bring out the Green Lantern Movie that is bogged down in Pre-Production hell.

I would love to see a Kingdom Come movie also. Now that would be cool.

Home from Elektra.

Cool tattoo monster effects, Gore Visnijk (sp?) acting was brief but on par with his ER acting, Cool Typhoid Mary Effects, Jennifer Garner is easy on the eyes

+4

I wouldn't have known Stick was blind from Terrance Stamp's performance (luckily they mention it in the movie for those who hadn't read the comics), Fight scenes were not on par with Daredevil, The flashback scenes meant to make Elektra more identifiable just kind of dragged.

Overall: +1 - Don't go in expecting Spider-Man or the Incredibles or even Daredevil, but cool FX make it worth seeing at the matinee.

Also make sure you get there early to catch the full length Fantastic Four Trailer - Very Cool!

The trailer aired before ELEKTRA today. I have to say that the SFX were pretty darn good. I don't know about the casting. But I know I'll see it in the theaters.

But I'm dying to see the other clip I saw before the movie today: Sin City.

The FF clip does look like it has some promise. About Ben being fake...well, it's Michael Chiklis and a lot of make-up, right? Last i knew they weren't gonna digitally bulk him up...but I also have yet to see the trailer.

Yeah...Sin City does look pretty sweet, eben though all I've read was A Dame To Kill For.

Yeah...Sin City does look pretty sweet' date=' eben though all I've read was A Dame To Kill For.[/quote']

...that's all you need. All the stories are equally mind-blowing. That's one, though, which may translate so well to the big screen, nobody will ever think of it as a comic again. Which is a shame.

Okay, I just saw Elektra a few hours ago. It was pretty average...nothing really special, but not bad either. Tattoo had some cool special effects going for him, but I didn't care for Typhoid that much. I prefer Typhoid Mary, not this knock-off who, while sexy, is pretty much just Pestilence from Apocalypse's first batch of Horsemen.

On the other hand, the F4 preview was heli-sweet. I'd hated the Destro, er, Dr. Doom shots I'd seen before, but he looks a lot cooler with electricity arcing from him all over the place. Ben looks all right...esp. when that semi hits him...poor semi. The effects on Johnny look amazing, though the wanna-be "one-liner" shot at the trailer's end was lame. The camera angles on Reed's stretching made it look like he was just reaching towards the camera for the most part, while Sue was barely in it...and without showing off her powers at all(maybe her force-field, but who knows?)

I'd like to thank Rikathos at least for the ticket to the movie. :)

Guest Skaramine

I just downloaded the MTV trailer and watched it five times.

They're going to have to work some more on Reed in post production, but then again, the rest of the team are usually the more interesting ones.

Oh man... I am SO HYPED!

...that's all you need. All the stories are equally mind-blowing. That's one' date=' though, which may translate so well to the big screen, nobody will ever think of it as a comic again. Which is a shame.[/quote']

Well, it's one hell of a cast, and Rodriguez shared directing duties with Frank Miller, so you know it's gonna be true to story.

That shot of Miko throwing the shuriken is ripped straight out of one of the books. I'm dying to see her kick some ass.

Guest Skaramine

Well, it's one hell of a cast, and Rodriguez shared directing duties with Frank Miller, so you know it's gonna be true to story.

That shot of Miko throwing the shuriken is ripped straight out of one of the books. I'm dying to see her kick some ass.

I just wanna see Miko rollerskating over the rooftops of Sin City...

I'm reminded of Michael Surbrook's excellent writeup of her.

I just downloaded the MTV trailer and watched it five times.

They're going to have to work some more on Reed in post production, but then again, the rest of the team are usually the more interesting ones.

Oh man... I am SO HYPED!

Hey!

That's MY LINE!

:tonguewav

HM

Guest Skaramine

Hey!

That's MY LINE!

:tonguewav

HM

M'boy... you are not the Fantastic Four fanboy I am.

I was jealous of Franklin Richards for having Fantastic Four action figures when I was 10.

I bought three boxes of Marvel Minimates just to make other members of the Fantastic Four out of spare Mr. Fantastic bodies, and cut hair for them out of vinyl tape.

I have two groups of Fantastic Four figures on my desk. The only reason I don't have three is because I never turned a spare Elektra into Sue, nor have I bought the F4 gift set from Marvel Legends. (Though... now I see how I can turn a spare Reed or two into Johnny and Sue...)

I must have, in various formats, at least four copies of the first six issues of the Fantastic Four - reprint issues, Essentials, various TPB's, and a pocket book-sized collection of the first six that I've had since I was a child and it was one of my first books.

I am so hyper right now, I could burst into flame...

That's cool. I feel the same about the new Superman movie. Ever since the first Spider-Man and X-Men movies I have been jonesing bad for this to get started already.

:nonp:

HM

Speaking of the Superman movies Bryan Singer is being very respectful to the Christopher Reeves movies. In fact, clips from the first 2 movies will serve as backstory for this new movie. Sounds like Singer wil do it again and if all goes well with Supes and Batman we may see The Flash hit the big screen...its a great time to be a comic fan!