Okay, smart guys, a challenge:

Guest Champsguy

Guest WhammeWhamme

Re: Okay, smart guys, a challenge:

Hrm. Well, no damage dealing abilities... that helps.

2 +1 Overall, OAF (Spoon), Only when a Spoon would be useful (-2)

Covers using it in electronics/mechanics/gadgeteering/high society/as a distraction/as drum stick, etc.

6 Life Support: Immunity to Heat, Cold, Diseases, Poisons, OAF, Only when a Spoon would be Useful (-2)

Covers it being metal, and thus can be used to prod the fire/the ice elemental/the microbes/the arsenic.

2 360 degree Sight, OAF, Only to See Reflections in a Spoon (-2)

Covers reflectivity (if it's a metal spoon)

1 1d6 Hand to Hand Attack, OAF

Covers weapon use (if it's a BIG spoon)

So. 8-11 points, depending on specifics. :D

6 points

Spoon: (Total: 18 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) HKA 1 point (1/2d6 w/STR) (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus Telekinesis (2 STR), Affects Porous (13 Active Points); Limited Power: Only to lift and move lateraly Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4)
2 end !!!

Variable Power Pool - 50 Active Points, Cosmic, OAF (spoon), Only powers that could reasonably be simulated with a Spoon (-1/2), Only 1 Power at a time.

it costs a bunch of points..

it's questions like these that make my head spin really, somethings should just be left in the realm of unstatted objects.

and remember: "There is no spoon."

Bah' date=' you guys are missing the whole Monte Cristo angle -- where are the Tunnelling powers?[/quote']

See, the attack power can be used for the tunneling aspect, though cumlitave might be needed at that point to show that it works eventually...

OK, I'll take the other side.

"C'mon, people, it's an SFX. Just say the guy has a spoon. How many crybaby players or GMs are afraid that someone on their team is going to have a free spoon after they paid all those points and took all those limitations for their 16D6 AP ND Meson acceleration beam. Wah, wah, wah"

Whoa, that's scarey.

Of course you all realize this will get out and be posted on places like rpg.net as a serious example of why Hero is terrible/overcompliated/obsolete/a tool of the devil/etc.

I almost never agree with Nexus... but on this one, I absolutely do. I know, I know... this is probably all in fun.

It is the fact that some Hero Gamers find this fun that spreads the bad rep that Hero gets. :nonp:

If I was Steve Long, I'd delete threads like this almost immediately. Better PR! :)

Variable Power Pool - 50 Active Points, Cosmic, OAF (spoon), Only powers that could reasonably be simulated with a Spoon (-1/2), Only 1 Power at a time.

it costs a bunch of points..

it's questions like these that make my head spin really, somethings should just be left in the realm of unstatted objects.

and remember: "There is no spoon."

Thank you so much for providing me with yet another reason for raging against VPPs.

Could I suggest: PS: Spoon 11-(OAF). If it is a really well designed spoon, it may have a better roll.

Or to follow through on Super Squirrel's excellent take on it and move on towards the surreal:

2d6 RKA OAF (-1) 16 charges (-1/2) (12 RP). Then you pay 50 points for 1024x as many: We're going to need guns...lots of guns

I almost never agree with Nexus... but on this one, I absolutely do. I know, I know... this is probably all in fun.

It is the fact that some Hero Gamers find this fun that spreads the bad rep that Hero gets. :nonp:

If I was Steve Long, I'd delete threads like this almost immediately. Better PR! :)

I think I'd rather be known for having a game system in which you could model a spoon if you really needed to (they're just jealous) than having a discussion board that removed opinions it considers may be damaging.

I think I'd rather be known for having a game system in which you could model a spoon if you really needed to (they're just jealous) than having a discussion board that removed opinions it considers may be damaging.

:) indicates a joke.

Just so we're clear.

Oh... we don't fight... just that we have very different tastes in games/gaming styles. You are the four color steadfast... I'm a four color detractor. That kind of thing.

If it helps any, I was mostly joking about the thread being "dangerous". I have seen stuff like this thrown up like it was serious from time to time, but thats no reason can't make jokes. Alot of the Hero detractors I've run across would just make something up anyway.

If it helps any' date=' I was mostly joking about the thread being "dangerous". I have seen stuff like this thrown up like it was serious from time to time, but thats no reason can't make jokes. Alot of the Hero detractors I've run across would just make something up anyway.[/quote']

You need to put a smiley face in then.

What does this face mean? :uranus:

Dude, these utensils are Extra Limbs!

Spork Multipower OAF

spork spoon strike 1 pip hand attack reduced penetration

spork fork attack 1 pip hand hand killing attack reduced penetration, no strength added

spork fastidiousness extra limb (lets you eat without making your hands messy) AND no range tk affects porous blah blah blah

Spoon Multipower OAF

spoon strike 1 pip hand attack reduced penetration

spoon fastidiousness no range tk affects porous blah blah blah

Fork Multipower OAF

fork strike 1 pip hand killing attack reduced penetration, no strength added

fork fastidiousness extra limb