NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

20 hours ago, Cancer said:

NT: Signs you are living in an insipid TV ad for some SUV distinguishable only by the name on the tail door.

The fact that I'm driving a vehicle less that 15 years old.

New Topic: The local school district just announced that the new high school they're building will be called Jane Austen High School. You have been selected to identify the mascot and school colors.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Pariah said:

New Topic: Which sports team does your favorite superhero support in his/her Secret ID, and why?

Steve Rogers just loves the US Olympic teams, but is offended when they cheat.

NT: Subtle signs your choice of convention cosplays was at best ill-advised. 

On October 26, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: Subtle signs your choice of convention cosplays was at best ill-advised. 

Your gig as the after-banquet entertainment at the National Association of Mental Health Professionals meeting, billed as "Nurse Ratched and the Lobotomists", complete with back-up band and complementary hacksaws for the audience, was cancelled without explanation.

NT:  What's your superhero identity when your job in your secret identity is ... the new Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns!

On 10/29/2018 at 8:54 PM, Cancer said:

NT:  What's your superhero identity when your job in your secret identity is ... the new Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns!

Given the life expectancy of NFL head coaches, it's the perfect cover job for Captain Mayfly.

NT: Subtle signs the local news anchors covering the election in your city are out of their minds.

14 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: Subtle signs the local news anchors covering the election in your city are out of their minds.

They talk about the "expected cooperation and compromises between members of both parties" in 2019.

NT:  Yay!  No more political ads on TV and radio (at least for a few months)!  What kind of ads will replace it (at least until the inevitable upcoming Christmas onslaught)?

39 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

NT:  Yay!  No more political ads on TV and radio (at least for a few months)!  What kind of ads will replace it (at least until the inevitable upcoming Christmas onslaught)?

For the stuff I watch, the inevitable ads on live sports: beer, expensive cars and pickup trucks, financial service ripoff outfits, and a few bizarre ads for expensive prescription drugs for conditions that are mostly for things I never heard of before and frankly may have a hard time parsing out what they're talking about in the ad.  Oh, and prime-time shows on that netowrk which I will bluntly never, ever look at.

9 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Commercials for phones that will do everything you could possibly want -- except make a phone call that doesn't sound horrible -- at the cost of your immortal soul. Or "digital assistants" who know what you want before you even ask, because they know everything about you. Yes, everything.

NT: What you get when the techniques of modern political advertising are applied to commercials for breakfast cereal.

11 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: What you get when the techniques of modern political advertising are applied to commercials for breakfast cereal.

RICE CRISPIES WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS UNDER COVER OF THE SNAPCRACKLEPOP NOISE!!!

CAPTAIN CRUNCH WILL TURN YOUR SONS INTO <homophobic slur>!!!!

An unelected panel of special interests' appointees is behind the LIE  that whole-grain cereals are better nutrition.  Don't be taken in by the LIE.  

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

CAPTAIN CRUNCH WILL TURN YOUR SONS INTO <homophobic slur>!!!!

And don't even get them started on Fruity Pebbles.

13 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

"Hi, this is Tony the Tiger, and I just wanted to talk to you about how Lucky the Leprechaun is taking jobs from Real Americans... So join me in turning away from foreign cereals, and Make Breakfast Grrrrreeeaaattt Again!"

On 11/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

Migraines.

New Topic: Under pressure from the players union, the NFL has agreed not to play games on Thursday nights anymore. What will the TV networks show instead?

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

New Topic: Under pressure from the players union, the NFL has agreed not to play games on Thursday nights anymore. What will the TV networks show instead?

Pretty sure I don't care since I won't watch anyway, unless they go for their core audience and have NFL Cheerleader Water Balloon Fights and Mud Wrasslin' Smackdown Hour instead.