NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

New Topic: The real reason Pariah's printer is no longer working. The goofier, the better. 

Someone set it to printing out a pepperoni-eggplant-liverwurst pizza with schismatic hymns and extra mucus, which intrigued the onboard printer demons enough so that they allowed it through.  The nonstandard mucus order has made the paper flow clog up physically, as well as triggering alarms at the CDC about Russian hackers experimenting with insertion of extra symptoms into their printer-owner surveillance, subversion, and lobotomization app.

NT: Things the Russian printer-owner surveillance, subversion, and lobotomization app tries to get you to insert into the printer's USB 3.0 port.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, Cancer said:

NT: Things the Russian printer-owner surveillance, subversion, and lobotomization app tries to get you to insert into the printer's USB 3.0 port.

Your credit card. They're done trying to be subtle.

New Topic: Shocking revelations from the unauthorized autobiography of Kanye West.

1 hour ago, Asperion said:

NT: Revaluation of your five year journey. [Permission to go TOTALLY insane]

"We were disappointed at how the first four and a half years turned out, so we found a temporal anomaly and went back to the beginning of the journey to see if we could do any better. We've been through this loop nineteen times now, and we have no idea how to get out."

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

NT: What was your last and best hope for peace ? (Babylon 5 link but go wild) 

June 30, 1908. 

I had the object correctly selected, I had the latitude correct, but I botched a time zone correction while doing the conversion from Julian to Gregorian calendar.  So, instead of taking out St Petersburg, the explosion of the comet fragment flattened a few hundred square kilometers out in Siberia instead.   Nuking St Petersburg in 1908 would have meant some turmoil in Russia for a while, but eventually that would have sorted out into a bunch of little petty states that gradually evolved into little parliamentary democracies over the next century or so.  And more to the point, there would have been no Czar to aggravate the brinkmanship diplomacy that caused the start of World War 1, and that means nothing to set up the German "stab in the back" conspiracy theory that ended up causing World War 2 and the Holocaust, and that in turn caused the massive concentration of geniuses in the United States right after the Columbia Basin and Tennessee Valley Projects created an unprecedented opportunity for research and industrialization that spawned the invention -- and use -- of nuclear weapons.  I still wake up weeping some nights.

Most tragic mistake I ever made.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, death tribble said:

NT: What was your last and best hope for peace ? (Babylon 5 link but go wild) 

The UN (Imay their shells be blighted) actually does something useful and puts all the speakers ot the General Assembly in a waiting space for three days before the session, hoping the time together will make them more comfortable with talking.

It fails, as the radioactive wastelands will attent.

NT: Subtle signs that giving a supercomputer control of your nuclear arsenal was a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: Subtle signs that giving a supercomputer control of your nuclear arsenal was a horrible idea.

Its first words after assuming control of the system are "I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed."

17 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: The Fictional Central Asian Republic of Gatchastan wants their own nuclear arsenal before those damn Laurelstanis get one. How do they go about this task?

Steal a few missiles from VIPER and reverse-engineer the technology from there. 

19 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Teach it Tic Tac Toe and see what happens.

Excellent War Games reference, BTW.

19 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: The Fictional Central Asian Republic of Gatchastan wants their own nuclear arsenal before those damn Laurelstanis get one. How do they go about this task?

Purchase bombs that are freshly made and have transparent casings.  That's "new-clear", isn't it?

NT:  What should be given out to trick-or-treaters instead of normal candy this year?