NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: The most important words ever spoken...

...were uttered by a little old man of Lithuanian descent while gardening at his home in Deluth, Iowa, at the precise moment that his granddaughter, who was visiting at the time (she was always good about such things; her and her parents had never been close and she'd been raised by her maternal grandfather as much as anyone, and truth be known she thought of him more as a father than a grandfather, and even though she had two kids of her own she always made time to come and visit and do some gardening, because the little old man dearly loved his garden, with azaleas and roses along one side and a row of tomatoes overlooking cabbage and carrots, and two apple trees tucked into the corner of the yard to give a bit of shade when needed, at that hot part of the day when the sun is just at the perfect angle and seems to be looking down on you and you alone; but she really did enjoy the visits as it gave her time away from the kids and the hubub of the big city--she had moved to Sioux City some three years prior to be closer to husband George's work (which no one really knew what that was; something to do with markets and theories and projects--sounded like grown men playing pretend or guessing games, if you asked me, but no one did) and she enjoyed a few hours in her grandfather's garden now and again; she hoped she could bring the kids in the future), sneezed, and so didn't hear the words uttered into the spring air. The little old man of Lithuanian descent shrugged and smiled and went back to his gardening.

NT: The secret to happiness is....

BUT FIRST A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR!! JUST PUT ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON OUR SHIFTY NIGERIAN WEBSITE AND WAIT THREE DAYS TO HAVE YOUR CREDIT LIMITS BROKEN AND THEN WE WILL HAVE REACHED OUR SECRET OF HAPPINESS! something I get emailed about six or seven times a day these days.

NT: Signs that I have too much free time on my hands.

You publish your own version of 5er trasnlated into Esperanto.

NT: Signs that the entire population of the United States has changed languages while you were alseep and nobody bothered to tell you -- and only you.

You publish your own version of 5er trasnlated into Esperanto.

NT: Signs that the entire population of the United States has changed languages while you were alseep and nobody bothered to tell you -- and only you.

"Holy crap, I can actually understand the guy on the other end of the drive-through speaker!!"

"Cool, my subscription to Kapitän Amerika came in... err... wait a minute!"

NT: Signs that your mother doesn't love you anymore.