NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: Subtle signs that the voters for the Hall of Fame (your choice of Halls) are out of their collective minds.

"And we feel that, even with his off-the-field indiscretions, enough time has passed that we're glad to accept Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame!"

"Yes, but isn't this the Hockey Hall of Fame?"

NT: Subtle signs that the voters for the Hall of Fame (your choice of Halls) are out of their collective minds.

The Country Music Hall of Fame adds "Far-away Eyes" to its list of Best Country Songs Of All Time.

NT: Things you'd be pleasantly surprised to find in your local library.

NT: Things you'd be pleasantly surprised to find in your local library.

Vygotsky's Thought and Language. I need it for a paper. The city library had it a few months back, but when I tried to reserve it a few days ago, I found that it's no longer available. The county library doesn't have it either. Bother.

New Topic: Things you'd be pleasantly surprised to find your local elected leader doing. (Difficulty: Something more complicated and/or more specific than "His job".)

New Topic: Things you'd be pleasantly surprised to find your local elected leader doing. (Difficulty: Something more complicated and/or more specific than "His job".)

Having sex with his spouse, rather than a prostitute, teenager, or male meth dealer.

Wearing jeans and a clean sweatshirt at the neighborhood center on a Tuesday afternoon, holding his own with the black pieces with a Nimzo-Indian defense against a 14-year-old trying out the Kasparov Variation in the weekly woodpushers' pick-up session.

Having sex with his spouse' date=' rather than a prostitute, teenager, or male meth dealer.[/quote']

(Off-topic: or all of them at the same time, with a sheepdog, five gerbils, and a gallon of peanut oil thrown inon.) No lobsters, though.

Finding sources of money rather than complaining about lack of money.

NT: Subtle signs that the guy doing your IRS audit is out of his mind.

"... so if you could just send in a check for $200 billion, made out to Reginald Hampstead Dishdigger Pearl Swine Blackadder MWOOT! MWOOT! Hammina Hammina Quackenbush Barreltote ZOOOOOOT! Jones..."

"You know, we're asking too much money out of you. Here, have some back."

NT: Subtle signs that the coach of your favorite major league baseball team is out of his mind (difficulty: No just stating of names, eg 'He's Tony La Russa').

"

NT: Subtle signs that the coach of your favorite major league baseball team is out of his mind (difficulty: No just stating of names, eg 'He's Tony La Russa').

"I'm Tony LaRussa"

"Coach.... you're not Tony LaRussa."

"OK... I'm Dusty Baker"

"Coach!"

NT: Subtle signs that the coach of your favorite major league baseball team is out of his mind (difficulty: No just stating of names' date=' eg 'He's Tony La Russa').[/quote']

"I'm Lou Pinella, and I actually believe the Cubs will win the World Series this year."

NT: Thematically-appropriate ways the world would end if the Cubs actually won the World Series.

NT: Thematically-appropriate ways the world would end if the Cubs actually won the World Series.

A deep, world-filling voice calls out, "Making a mockery of the game! You are OUT!" And we are all cast into the Pit for an eternity of torment, for instance, being Seattle Mariners fans.