LadyChaos

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: "24" Challenge

Jack Bauer

Nice work... I'd add that Jack seems to have some Luck/Unluck going on... I don't know how many dice, but I'd say they were even. Perhaps 3d6/3d6? Sometimes he catches unbelievable breaks, and sometimes the breaks catch him.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone in that show has the "I'll be there in Five Minutes" Superskill. (Teleport with extra weight multiple to "carry a car"' date=' extra time 5 min, must cross interveing space, requires a combat roll).[/quote']

Spoiler for tonights episode.

Isn't it amazingly good luck that Jack happened to manage to seal a car and good cell phone. And then happen to be so close to Assad's location that he was able to beat Cobra Attack Helicopters to the punch.

Spoiler for tonights episode.

Isn't it amazingly good luck that Jack happened to manage to seal a car and good cell phone. And then happen to be so close to Assad's location that he was able to beat Cobra Attack Helicopters to the punch.

Isn't it amazing that he can consistently dodge LA traffic? I guess he has to dive for cover, what with it being a mega scale area effect ...

Isn't it amazing that he can consistently dodge LA traffic? I guess he has to dive for cover' date=' what with it being a mega scale area effect ...[/quote']

Yeah, but Los Angeles would be a lifeless ruin if Jack's motions were limited to reality, given everything that happens there in the series. ;)

Apparently All the terrorists base their operations out of the Los Angeles area and have for all six seasons of the show. It must be the climate or something. I wonder if there are CTU branches in other parts of the country. If they wanted to make a fresh change for the series they could base the action out on the east coast for once.

Apparently All the terrorists base their operations out of the Los Angeles area and have for all six seasons of the show. It must be the climate or something. I wonder if there are CTU branches in other parts of the country. If they wanted to make a fresh change for the series they could base the action out on the east coast for once.

There are CTU offices in all major US cities.

• Michelle & Bill worked out of the Seattle office;
  • According to the 24 game, Chase was originally from the Washington DC office;
  • In Season 3, live feeds are seen from other offices as the other offices are chasing down leads on bombs in their respective cities.
  • The biographies of the characters on the 24 site at Fox also indicate what other offices characters have worked out of.

The show is filmed in LA purely for logisitics reasons- it's a city with plenty of film production resources AND consistent weather that allows for a film schedule of ~24 weeks to look like it's all being done in the same day.

A 24 movie is anticipated that will break the real time set up but be filmed in the world of 24 centered around a CTU. One of the appealing ideas behind a movie based on the "world" is that it would let Jack get out of LA.