A character I got to play *once*...

Foxiekins

Hence his single XP... What do y'all think...?

Grey Psycho

Player: Charles E. Roe

Val** Char*** Cost
15** STR 5
14** DEX 12
20** CON 20
12** BODY 4
23** INT 16
18** EGO 16
15** PRE 5
10** COM 0
3/12** PD 0
3/11** ED -1
4/6** SPD 16
7** REC 0
40** END 0
30** STUN 0
*7"**RUN23"**SWIM13"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 96

Cost** Power END
23** Weapons: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots STR Minimum 15 or more (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1 1/4), OIF Durable (Pistols & Rifle; Pistols & Rifle; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)*
2u** 1) Pistols: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; 3 & 1/2 d6 Flash vs same and adjacent hexes; only affects him if he's without his visor; +0), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Autofire x 2 (3 shots; +1/4), 16 clips of 16 Charges (+1/2) (70 Active Points); STR Minimum 15 or more (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1 1/4), OIF Durable (Pistols & Rifle; Pistols & Rifle; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)* [16]
2u** 2) Rifle: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6+1, 4 clips of 32 Charges (+1/2) (75 Active Points); STR Minimum 15 or more (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1 1/4), OIF Durable (Pistols & Rifle; Pistols & Rifle; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)* [32]
22** Grapnel Launcher & Line: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots OAF: Launcher (-1)*
2u** 1) Telekinesis (20 STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF: Launcher (-1), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Limited Range (45"; -1/4)* 0
2u** 2) Swinging 45" (45 Active Points); OAF: Launcher (-1)* 4
10** Kevlar Bodysuit: Armor (9 PD/8 ED) (26 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Half Mass (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4)* 0
5** (Total: 8 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF: Visor (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Penalty Skill Levels: +1 vs. Range Modifier with All Attacks (3 Active Points); OIF: Visor (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2)* 0
10** Acceleration Field: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Suffers from 12 point Suppress on his REC Characteristic ( -6 REC ) while Power is in effect; -1/2), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 5 Minutes (5 minutes = 25 Turns; -1/2)*
Powers Cost: 78

Cost** Skill
0** Acting 8-*
3** Breakfall 12-*
0** Climbing 8-*
3** Computer Programming 14-*
0** Concealment 8-*
3** Criminology 14-*
3** Demolitions 14-*
3** Electronics 14-*
3** Inventor 14-*
0** AK: Home City 8-*
0** Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)*
3** Mechanics 14-*
0** Paramedics 8-*
0** Persuasion 8-*
0** PS: Scientist (Everyman) 11-*
3** Scientist*
2** 1) SS: Biochemistry 14-*
2** 2) SS: Biophysics 14-*
2** 3) SS: Chemistry 14-*
2** 4) SS: Physics 14-*
3** Security Systems 14-*
0** Shadowing 8-*
0** Stealth 8-*
3** Streetwise 12-*
3** Systems Operation (Com Systems, Med Sensors) 14-*
0** TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles *
1** TF: Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles*
2** Weaponsmith (Firearms) 14-*
Skills Cost: 44

Cost** Perk
14** Sanctuary*
2** Sanctuary's Computer*
5** Money: $500,000 per year*
7** The Electrocycle*
Perks Cost: 28

Cost** Talent
5** Eidetic Memory*
Talents Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 251

Val** Disadvantages
0** Normal Characteristic Maxima*
15** Social Limitation: Secret Identity: (Frequently, Major)*
15** Hunted: The Police 8- (More Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)*
10** Reputation: Brutal, Callous Bastard, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group: The Underworld)*
5** Hunted: Local Criminals 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)*
5** Hunted: Gold-Digger after his Secret ID for his Money 8- (Less Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Out for revenge on the Killers of his Family (Uncommon, Total)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Fixated on Crimefighting (Very Common, Strong)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Fascination with Technology (Common, Moderate)*
5** Psychological Limitation: An Eye for the Ladies (Uncommon, Moderate)*

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 1

Total Experience Available: 1

Experience Unspent: 0

• 1 month later...

Not Really...

Kinda hard to keep playing when the GM stops showing up... I just put him up so folks could see him, and use him as an NPC if they liked, so the effort I put into him wouldn't seem wasted quite so much...

Been looking through old posts...? It's been a while since I posted him...

Re: A character I got to play *once*...

Generally, Foxiekinds, you'll get more reaction and interest the more back-story and such that you give, and in general I am more inspired by that then the character sheets without such. So "Special Effects" or any other info that isn't just represented by points is always desirable. OTOH, I understand/respect that all that takes time!

I'm not a big fan of Dark Champions, so I may be asking two questions with well-known answers, but (1) why would you take a -1 1/4 Limitation for "STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage?" That seems like something you'd take for a HtH attack or Killing Attack - HtH. I don't see how STR would apply damage to a pistol or rifle in DC; (2) why would your MP receive a -1/2 Limitation for it being a pistol & rifle? That seems to me to be something of a limitation more for a VPP.

If this were my character, I'd be very concerned about the +2 SPD with the limitation on REC; if you got into a fistfight, you'd be doomed, especially if you were at something as small as -6 STUN, because it would take you a full turn before you could do something again, in which case you'd be clobbered by any opponents nearby. The other concern is for your low defenses combined with your low DEX and thus OCV/DCV. Also, you don't have any combat skill levels to show that you're actually a good shot with the weapons.

I don't want this to sound like it's all negative, so let me add that I do like the 44 pts worth of skill and that you can almost read his background with his disadvantages.

To Address Kirby's point about does not add damage- that's a standard FREd rule for creating guns which have str min.

My question is why he would use all weapons with a 15 or greater Str Min when he only HAS 15 str?! This seems not to compute to me, but maybe you have an answer that I'm not seeing. If so, please enlighten me.

Background/History: Quincy was named after his Great-Grandfather, a veteran of World War One. This was an attempt by his parents to curry favor with the man, who died shortly after Quincy was born, and also to curry favor with Quincy's Grandfather, a veteran of World War Two. Quincy's father never served in the Military, and his main ambition in life was to spend money his ancestors had accumulated, and add his share to the total, so that his son would have the same opportunity. Quincy had an interest in science, which his parents regarded as a waste of time, until several of his inventions began making money. After blinking, they left him alone, content that his interests had proven profitable. Everything seemed to be going fine, until the accidents began happening. Member after member of his family began dying. None of it deliberate, they just kept winding up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like standing between a drive-by shooter and his target. Or walking along the sidewalk in front of a concealed Meth Lab when it exploded. Or accidentally run off the road into a tree by criminals fleeing the police. With each death, his Great-Grandfather's fortune found its way back into his hands bit by bit, and the membership roster of his family grew shorter and shorter. With the death of his last known relative, it proved to finally be too much. Quincy designed his equipment and began a program of physical conditioning, and began seeking the multitude of criminals he blamed for the deaths of his relatives.

Personality/Motivation: Quincy is everything his reputation describes him to be. He's out for revenge, although he can be distracted from this by ensuring criminals don't victimize others the way he has been, (although he favors drastic methods), by interesting and novel technology, and by pretty girls, generally in that order.

Quote: "You say I can't hold you responsible for accidents?" >BLAM, BLAM, BLAM< "Oops, my finger slipped."

Well, here are the background fields... I found an export template that included them, and did a cut and paste... The Background/History field has as much backstory as I created for him, leaving the rest to the future to flesh out with the GM, but that never came to pass... How's that, Zornwil...?

Kirby, the default rules for STR Min state that STR above the STR Min can be used to increase the DC of an attack... Since as you observe, that *isn't* appropriate for a gun, the guidelines specify to apply that limitation... By the way, that Limitation is the STR Min Limitation, with an additional tweak in its value for the fact that excess STR can't add to damage, not "Does not add" as a Limitation by itself... Frankly, the reason he has that +2 Speed is because the GM made it a Heroic Scale campaign... Double cost for Speed above 4... The Limitation for "Pistol & Rifle" is the Focus Limitation... I treated it as an OIF because if the pistols are taken away he can always pull out the rifle, and vice versa... Also, remember that 9 rPD can completely absorb the max Body Damage from a 1.5d6 RKA, which is a DC 5 attack... A 2d6 RKA will only do up to 3 points of Body through it, and statistics are against that 2d6 RKA... But he is, frankly, a beginner... Brand spanking new on the scene, hence no combat skill levels...

Trencher, this fellow is about 175 cm tall, ( 5' 9" ), and masses around 80 kg, ( 175 pounds )... He had grey eyes and brown hair... A bit athletic and fairly muscled, but otherwise very ordinary looking out of costume... In costume, think lots and lots of grey... Grey body armor, black boots, grey cloth shielding his nose and lower face, a grey fedora, and an amber protective visor covering his eyes... And his pistols, rifle, and grapnel launcher...

fbdaury, the Limitation doesn't mean he can use weapons with a STR Min of 15 or more, it means that *weapons* that have a STR Min of 15 or use that Limitation value... It's that way on the sheet because I didn't realize Hero Designer would let me overwrite that part...

Wow... Maybe everyone was away from the board the first time I posted him...

fbdaury, the Limitation doesn't mean he can use weapons with a STR Min of 15 or more, it means that *weapons* that have a STR Min of 15 or use that Limitation value... It's that way on the sheet because I didn't realize Hero Designer would let me overwrite that part...

Hey, I know EXACTLY what that limitation means- it means that his weapons MUST require a minimum Strength score of 15 or higher. Since your character has a strength score of 15, this means that, at best, he's just barely strong enough to properly use the weapons. For many of the weapons he will be at a disadvantage to use them due to not being strong enough to use them. As well, the limitation Oif is appropriate for the MP, since he uses multiple foci, but the individual slots should be bought with Oaf, unless he has some way of securing them from being removed(a big thong tied to his hand or something, maybe).

Hey' date=' I know EXACTLY what that limitation means- it means that his weapons MUST require a minimum Strength score of 15 or higher. Since your character has a strength score of 15, this means that, at best, he's just barely strong enough to properly use the weapons. For many of the weapons he will be at a disadvantage to use them due to not being strong enough to use them. As well, the limitation Oif is appropriate for the MP, since he uses multiple foci, but the individual slots should be bought with Oaf, unless he has some way of securing them from being removed(a big thong tied to his hand or something, maybe).[/quote']

True... The pistols had a STR Min of 15, and the Rifle had a STR Min of 18... I'm applying the smallest Limitation that universally applies to the Multipower as a whole... Hero Designer doesn't let you apply different Limitation values though, and the difference wouldn't give different values for the slot costs anyway, so I didn't sweat it... The only time I used the Rifle I used it with the Braced Maneuver, which cut its STR Min by 5 for that use...

The only slot that really would qualify for an OAF is the Rifle... Even with the Pistols, if you take one away that only prevents him from using Autofire... You have to take BOTH away to completely prevent him from using that multipower slot... Since it wasn't enough of a limitation, again, to affect the slot costs, I didn't worry about it...