more gun bunny goodness.

gewing

Re: more gun bunny goodness.

They are talking about the "civilian P2000" like there is a military version of that.

The only P2000 I know about is the HK pistol. What is this P2000... 'cause Google can't find a damn thing about it...

... but plenty of info on the P90. I can't imagine there being much of a market for a civilian P90. The only thing that seemed to make it special in military service, was it's compact size, high rate of fire, and relatively light armor piercing ammunition as tank crew personal defense weapons. Anyone paranoid enough to figure he needs guns to protect himself from black helicopters and men in body armor... well, he's gonna get a real P90... not a semi-automatic civilian model.

So... anyway... what is this P2000?

They are talking about the "civilian P2000" like there is a military version of that.

The only P2000 I know about is the HK pistol. What is this P2000... 'cause Google can't find a damn thing about it...

I've seen it before, as the F2000. They possibly got the letter wrong on the forum. It's FN's new assault rifle.

Edit: alternately, the P2000 is the civilian F2000. :)

The P90 civilian will use the hollowpoint "training" ammo, because the AP is not legal for civilian sale.

It would be pretty fun for shooting squirrels and the like.

now if the new "P2000" or civilion F2000 lengthens the barrel to 20" or so, that will be cool. Although the ejection tube is neat, it probably won't enable the gun to be re-barreled to 6.5 Grendel or 6.8mm. :(

THere was rumor that a company might start making Steyr AUGs here, though, and it should be easily rechambered. :)

... but plenty of info on the P90. I can't imagine there being much of a market for a civilian P90. The only thing that seemed to make it special in military service, was it's compact size, high rate of fire, and relatively light armor piercing ammunition as tank crew personal defense weapons. Anyone paranoid enough to figure he needs guns to protect himself from black helicopters and men in body armor... well, he's gonna get a real P90... not a semi-automatic civilian model.

You are probably right, it will probably have some success as a varmint gun and there are many that will probably buy it just because they can. If the ammo is cheap enough it might make a fun plinker but I doubt the ammo will be cheap. If you want one though you should probably get one quick, I can see some news story brewing up anyday about the new Copkiller gun ala teflon bullets, Glock, .50 BMG media hysteria. So what if the AP bullets won't be available to civilians, the media will quickly overlook that triffile and lock onto the P90's early claims to defeat body armor.

Wow... and I thought I had silly expensive hobbies in games and comcis and minis. Spending 1500 bucks to shoot squirrels? :nonp:

Whatever. :rolleyes:

look up the cost of competition shotguns! More than 10 years ago i was SHOCKED to find out that MANY of them were over $25k!!!

look up the cost of competition shotguns! More than 10 years ago i was SHOCKED to find out that MANY of them were over $25k!!!

A few years ago I was looking over the price list for Krieghoff...

The second highest option added $50k to the base price of the gun...

The highest option was POR...

Yeah... I know... but that is the super-rich, or it is the shooter's vocation. Isn't like those things are mass produced and expected to be sold en masse at gun shows.