"I can't hear you!" effect

Brandi

I was trying to think of some way to have powers that are based on vocalization (anything requiring Incantations, a sonic scream, etc.) simply not work when this silencing power is activated. Should I be looking at Darkness, Suppress, or Dispel? And would this also cover Flashes vs. Hearing?

Re: "I can't hear you!" effect

I was trying to think of some way to have powers that are based on vocalization (anything requiring Incantations' date=' a sonic scream, etc.) simply not work when this silencing power is activated. Should I be looking at Darkness, Suppress, or Dispel? And would this also cover Flashes vs. Hearing?[/quote']

Darkness, Only prevents Speech, Not Hearing (-1/2). If you have Galactic Champions, check out The Examiner; he's got a sample power for his Power Pool that does this.

Darkness' date=' Only prevents Speech, Not Hearing (-1/2). If you have Galactic Champions, check out The Examiner; he's got a sample power for his Power Pool that does this.[/quote']

Yes, Suppress or other adjustment powers should not be necessary for powers bought with the Incantations limitation. That's why it's a limitation. I believe that speech is now considered a "sense" so you could do flash vs. speech. Thus means that you would effect one target (unless you bought AE too) for as long as the flash lasted. If you went with Darkness instead then it would automatically be area effect, and you could target a specific person and keep the "darkness" on them.

Thanks for the help. I imagine that it's GM's discretion if certain voice-based powers that don't explicitly have Incantations (Howler's scream comes to mind) would be affected by this? (The power is somewhat comic in intent; eventually I'll write it all up here...)