Vampire the masquerade

Beholder

Re: Vampire the masquerade

I searched the forum and did's found anything on this subject.

Anyone knows of a single source of Hero system : Vampire the masquerade on the net?

Thanks

Michael Surbrook has information on converting White Wolf to Hero System on his site.

All thanks for the plug, Lord Liaden. I have a 5th edition update available if anyone wants me to e-mail it to them. It's about a 900k pdf that the HERO site has trouble loading up for me. So I'll have to e-mail it instead, until I get a reliable host on the web that is.

If you can't wait, then see if either of these links work for you:

http://www.geocities.com/myndovamadda/Hero_Vamp_Masquerade_A.pdf

http://www.geocities.com/myndovamadda/HERO_VAMP.zip

Now that I have 5ER and Dark Champs, I'm going to revise the rules we use even further and add the Werewolf and Mage stuff we've used. I'll be starting that as soon as I end our current HERO-vampire story-arc in 2 weeks.

(added links in edit)

Hehe,

Now I have too much to read LOL

I will have to make choices I guess.

I see that the blood pool seems to be delt with in differrent manners in the different rules presented here.

The previous rules had an END reserve no REC and a transfer from BODY

to END with an extra max of 40. In other words, if the END reserve is too high, the kindred can only raise it to a certain level once per day ( up to maximum possible )

The latest rules (the pdf version) has an END reserve with a REC (the

REC has a limitation, only when drinking blood). This way, it can get

back to it's maximum and I feel that it is more logical with the blood

drinking's possiblities (namelly getting back to full blood 10 times

per day if the vampire wishes)

Very nice, I tend to prefer the PDF rules for this particular case. Haven't read all the stuff, that's the first thing I went to see in all the rules presented.

Back in 4th ed it was no big deal having a Transfer "Heal up" your END reserve. Once 5th changed that, I used an Aid linked to the bite (so a vampire could feed in one phase and use the blood in the very next phase if he needed) and a limited REC that would match the fade rate on the Aid. When characters regularly move at Speed 6+, every phase counts, they can't wait for that post-turn REC to kick in.

Great work, Agent333, thanks for providing those. :thumbup: If you don't mind I'd like to add the links you provided to my "RPG Conversions" thread.

Please let us know when you have the rest of that stuff ready, and when you find a suitable host for it. (Gee, put that way it sounds rather ominous!) :fear:

Re: Vampire the Requiem

Here is something I was thinking of the other day.

I've been trying to work out in my head how to handle the trope of powers that work "for a scene".

For instance, in Vamp the Requiem, "potence" and "fortitude" are activated by spending blood and then lasting a scene. This is usually short-handed to around an hour (at least in Live Action).

Now, in V:tR this is acceptable because the fuel for activating the power is relatively difficult to replace (blood). But Hero doesn't seem to be able to address this well, considering its Super-Heroic basis.

Buying an END reserve without a Rec doesn't really seem to convey the actual problems involved in having a non-renewable resource fueling you abilities. Charges as written don't seem to address the fact that all powers are linked to a single group of charges, and it effects the cost of each power seperately, not the character as a whole, which seems to run counter to the design philosophy of V:tR.

I was wondering if you established a base-line rule for the setting in which powers last an hour as standard, and then steps up or down the time chart would be +/- 1/4 addvantages. How would that work? Powers would come out of a Reserve Linked to a Drain, to represent feeding and refueling.

If I'm understanding what you're looking for correctly, there are a few ways I can think of to do it. One way would be to make the blood drain be a Transfer, probably of BODY from the victim, to either an END Reserve fueling the desired abilities, or directly to all the abilities of the vamp that you want to be increased. Buy the Fade Rate down to the length of time you want the enhanced abilities to last. If you want all the "chargeup" to vanish after a certain period, add a Custom Limitation, "All Points Gained Disappear After X Time."

Another approach would be to buy the enhanced abilities separately from the vamp's baseline ones, with Custom Lims such as "Only After Drinking Blood" and "Fades After X Time." Each method would have a different "feel" to it, of course.

I hope that's helpful. If not, keep posting and we'll see if we can iron it out. :)

Here is something I was thinking of the other day.

I've been trying to work out in my head how to handle the trope of powers that work "for a scene".

For instance, in Vamp the Requiem, "potence" and "fortitude" are activated by spending blood and then lasting a scene. This is usually short-handed to around an hour (at least in Live Action).

In my experience, powers that last "for a scene" aren't really needed once the "scene" is over. In the most recent incarnation of my Vampire HERO rules, I built Constant/Continuous powers that last "for a scene" by tacking the "Costs END Only to Activate" advantage on them and assuming that powers turn off once the "scene" is over and player-characters have no reason to keep them turned on. (Persistent "for a scene" powers take Nonpersistent or Costs END Only to Activate as a -1/4 limitation).

Now, in V:tR this is acceptable because the fuel for activating the power is relatively difficult to replace (blood). But Hero doesn't seem to be able to address this well, considering its Super-Heroic basis.

Buying an END reserve without a Rec doesn't really seem to convey the actual problems involved in having a non-renewable resource fueling you abilities.

I'm not sure if this addresses your point, but in my (altered) Vampire HERO conversion, I dumped the Transfer feeding the Blood Pool END Reserve and added a REC for the reserve that required blood as a Focus (OAF, blood to be consumed, Expendable, Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 1/4). After all, the Expendable modifier for Focus is designed to simulate non-renewable resources.

That is not a bad idea.

Maybe I'm being slow, but was a link to your write up posted? I would like to see your write up.

Thanks!

Oops - yeah, that would be helpful. :) I'm the one who wrote the WoD to HERO conversion notes on Surbrook's Stuff . The Vampire HERO conversion has changed somewhat. Attached is a more current version.

• 1 year later...