Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dementos

Rifts HERO

Re: Rifts HERO

wow...nice to know that i hit pretty close even pulling numbers out of my ass...

Goes to show a few of the problems with space travel, and the normal Hero Damage scale if you're going for "Realistic" levels for starships

wow...nice to know that i hit pretty close even pulling numbers out of my ass...

Goes to show a few of the problems with space travel, and the normal Hero Damage scale if you're going for "Realistic" levels for starships

Yep. Not bad :)

As far as the Hero scale goes. . . that may be pretty high even in Hero Terms, but in Rifts MegaDamage terms (assuming that it uses a linear scale, just bumped up from normal damage 100X, which whould fit in with the way they do different types of strength) it would have to be much higher than 17d6.

Assuming that a pistol was 1d6 SDC (and around 200 Joules muzzle energy), then 1 MDC would be around 20,000 Joules. And 45,000 TeraJoules would be on the order of 2.2 trillion dice of Mega Damage.

Assuming that a pistol was 1d6 SDC (and around 200 Joules muzzle energy), then 1 MDC would be around 20,000 Joules. And 45,000 TeraJoules would be on the order of 2.2 trillion dice of Mega Damage.

So my never played Rifts character could punch something and conceviably dump 80,000 joules into the target?

I must have missed the day they were teaching us that trick at the dojo.